Rate Increase for Time Warner Customers

it said on the news cable rates will go up, price per month for dvr will go down and cable internet will stay the same

time warner is going to crash hard once fios gets big

Fuck Time Warner man. My bill went from $72 to like $158 or something ridiculous. So my dad shut off HBO to save money, and now I can’t watch Lucky Louie. :frowning:

Adelphia + increased costs - several channels = time warner

wow thats insane! mine when i signed up originally was 72/mo (woulda went to 135) but since employee is free, its that. But dammmn

My parents back home is like 180 for 3 hd dvr boxes/all channels/voip its kinda redic considering what it is.

I’ve been paying $150… 1 dvr box.

www.DirecTV.com
That should solve most of everyone’s problems with TV.:smiley:

you know… my parents have both at home and we had that forever, and i never liked it at all. A little weather and your dish was down for 10 hours…

anywho there are like 26 different time warner rant threads, i’ll let eveyone complain, but i’ll point this out. No matter what company you are with you can never be satisfied because there is always a variable that causes something to suck…

I am 100% satisfied with Dish Network. Yes, I work for them, but they offer every channel I want, my bill is reasonable (considering what people are paying for cable service these days, and Yes I do pay full price), and I will NEVER go back to cable. Why would I want to pay more for an inferior product? Dish offers a better picture and better sound. And as long as you have an installer that knows what they are doing put it in, you won’t have any problems.

I appreciate Your position, but as some of Your co-workers may tell You… don’t bother.

There is a grand difference between satisfaction and content.

The reason that there are SO MANY fucking TW threads is because of the GREAT MANY number of problems with the company & service. Don’t feel bad, most of the problems were apparent when it was still Adelphia, and a few date back to TCI. However, quite a few new complaints have cropped up since the acquisition.

A shining example is “Adelphia + increased costs - several channels = time warner” :wink:

I paid $206 / month for AdelWarner.

I now get the same package (with more HD channels and better overall signal quality) from DishNetwork for $54 LESS per month. Including the extra cost of standalone PowerRunner.

That, dear sir, will go A LONG way towards satisfaction.

Not too mention the shunning of NFL Network and looming cut of Fox.

Hey, your up and running?!? Good to hear!! Sorry, I didn’t get back to you. We are getting slammed everyday with work.

^ wait til jan 1st if TW drops fox, you wont have time to breathe at work

IDK, I just switched from my old rate from adelphia to a TW package, it saved me $8, got me about 40 more channels and I have On Demand service.

All for less than what I was paying adelphia.

That could be the worst exageration i ever heard. What did Helen Keller install the Dish?

Thats all well and good, I need Time Warner for internet. I couldn’t give a shit about TV stations. My only options for high speed internet are TW and Verizon. I gave Verizon and try and I had some similar results that other members here had. They suck nuts.

That’s interesting. I’ve had Verizon DSL since August and it has been ROCK SOLID up until about two weeks ago. Now it seems to go in and out. I called Verizon once and bitched to their tech support but Mr. India on the other end couldn’t get it through his thick skull that having a router plugged into the modem is not causing my problem. The problem is that the modem can’t keep sync with Verizon.

I just read this on the WUTV site:

Unless our agreement with Time Warner regarding these cable systems recently purchased from Adelphia is extended prior to January 1st, if you are a Time Warner cable subscriber on a system recently bought from Adelphia, after this date you will no longer be able to watch our great programming (such as NFL football, NCAA college football bowl games, local college sports, “American Idol”, “CSI”, “Grey’s Anatomy”, “Survivor”, “House”, “Desperate Housewives”, and “24”).

Some of those shows mentioned are on ABC and CBS… not FOX

How much is Dish after a year though? How much does it go up on average after?

dish network is the prices listed on the web site after 10 months. They give you $10 or $20 off of them for your first 10.

and i think fox runs syndicated repeats of those shows late at night.

Yup. But there will be a price increase in February for all packs other than family and Top 60 which are guarenteed through 08’.

I think DTV is due for one in March. I wonder how much that will be with Liberty buying them.