RB

Alright…I am starting to collect money and parts for my RB swap. What RB you say? RB20DET. Yea, yea i know go RB25/26DET/T. Can not afford that right now. I got a damn good deal on this motor set. And it just feels right.

I have searched on SON, Nico, Zilvia etc etc etc and found nothing useful.

I just need to know all the parts I for sure need. Wiring and blah blah is easy enough for us.

Parts needed;

Conversion mounts or R32 cross member
300zx N/A or TT fuel pump?
Fuel pressure regulator?
2 electric fans
Inter cooler w/piping
Timing belt, water pump, idler, tensioner
Accessory belts
Z32 n/a clutch? been told it is the same?
adjust o.e tach or get R32 tach.

Thats all I can think of really. So anyone that knows…Chime in, Pm me. Something. I won’t be doing this like this week. Yet very soon. Would love to have it done before she gets back on the road. All depends because I want to go to school this year.

Any help would be great!

p.s - please keep the bashing and flaming to a minimal! Don’t want this thread to turn to shit like my last one due to morons not reading the original posts.

Thanks!

i just finished my swap, i used gtr fuel pump,

you will also need a r32 down pipe

i used 1 10’’ fan seems to work perfect

also to a full tune up

i heard you need an aftermarket intake if its the one that goes over the motor if you use mckinny mounts as the intake will hit the hood

usually i wouldnt get involved in rb20 swaps but i will be more than happy to help you with this…all you need is lots of zip ties and duck tape thats it! joke

seriously tho what do you plan to use the car for i will be in a better position to give u some advice,so far you got most of it covered parts wise…

search

fastback240 - i searched and came up with WAY to many different “opinions” and “ideas” I am looking for facts.

DA_1 - DD…once in a while track it. 1/4 mile for sure. not looking for anything crazy…just, to cruise with some not so often seen motorset.

Kollo - even with the conversions mounts it hits the hood?

CSK-240-R1 - where did you get the GTR pump and tune up parts? i was also thinking two fans rather than 1…looks better also.
the downpipe will not fit wit the mount conversion?

only with mckinny mounts with r32 there is no problem you should ak martino for full details he just did his rb20 swap

if i were you i would keep the rim size and weight down for quick acceleration…in as far as the motor swap try to run a good oilcooler and good oil in both the engine and especially the tranny at all times.but other than that you should be good man… dont rush the swap

dont forget to change the water pump, timing belt, tensioner and idler pulleys and if you can the oil pump

so i need the r32 cross member AND the conversion mounts?!? that don;t sound right.

Mike…where the fuck are you lol.

where did all of you get your RB parts? change the oil pump? why? if it works…it works…unless they are known to fail? how necessary is an oil cooler for this motor?

royal purple in the trans. q or mobil 1 for motor. rims/tires combo i have works out to be 3/8" bigger than o.e diameter. weight…well. i’m gonna have over 300 pounds in the back for stereo shit. i want the car to look stock from outside and mostly inside. so weight…i’ll compensate with power in a year or so.

i only mentioned the oil cooler cause you said DD…once in a while track it. 1/4 mile for sure.
but it not mandatory just good to have

talk to me on msn if you REALY feel the need to know.

swap stearing racks and use the r32 crossmember with the OE mounts and the motor will fit fine. i dont like the fitment with the aftermarket kits.

talk to heatw

Mike\Martino should also be a good resource bro!

good luck :slight_smile:

you need extremely thin fans to clear as i stayed with the ka rad, i have r32 cross member
my motor swap was done at riworx, irridium plugs and gtr fuel pump was bought through the shop

Lol, sorry Chris I’ve been a little busy.

What you will need:

• Pusher fan

• Walbro fuel pump or z32 fuel pump

• R32 Cross member and mounts

• If swapped into a 240 without HICAS do THIS to disable HICAS in the pump. If its a HICAS car, leave it alone - It will work

• The stock 5spd s13 driveshaft works

• The tranny mounts line up when using the r32 cross member

Basically that’s it.
Your main concern is mounts and pusher fans. I’d suggest at minimum 2 10" fans, however I used 1 10" R33 pusher and the car NEVER overheated, even an entire day of drifting at shanny.

Run Redline shockproof in the tranny. Oil is obviously up to you.

When you first get the motor, I’d suggest changing the water pump, idler, and timing belt.

If I hadn’t sold the car I was going to use the hockey puck mounts and use one puck to bring the motor lower. The stock recirc. valve hits the top of the hood, which is why I had to use spacers. Either spacers or cutting some skeleton of the hood will work, I had just preferred NOT to cut it.

The wiring…go to Ted (Heatw) He did mine.

Swap the r32 tach into the s13 cluster (slight modification needed - some trimming)

And thats it lol

Any other questions, just ask =]

EDIT: I wouldn’t suggest running Irridium plugs either. My motor HATTEDDDDDDDDD them and would missfire horribly. I switched to NGK BKR7E Copper plugs (from Sasha @ SG-Motorsports), and it ran like a dream.

mine seem fine except on cold starts seems to struggle alittle cause they are a cold plug but runs beautifuly no detonation or misfire…

now that is some great info right there! thanks Mike!

i’m just wondering however. what did you wire your fans to? a on/off switch or did you wire in a coolant switch…if so where and how.

right now i’m working up extra cash for w/p, t/b and all the pulley’s the rest i can match up with my parts suppliers. or if not…all of it! lol

anyone know anything of keeping a/c? possible at ALL?

i have a trans cooler lying around my shop some fuckin where…

riworx…i met him at sunoco lol. he seems alright. but his prices I did NOT agree on lol. he quoted me something like 7 g’s for an SR black top swap installed. without me even asking, i kinda brushed him off while laughing and drove away.

although he did say my car looked “mint” :slight_smile: