RB

I had it wired to accessory, it would just come on all the time lol. Didn’t have a problem with it over cooling or under-cooling.

Martino, basically listed all the important aspects of the swap, except the small detail of the rb20det downpipe. I would take that opportunity to look for a 3 inch as opposed to trying to find a stock unit. after the downpipe. an s13 catback can be used without any issues. If you are using r32 crossmember with the engine swap, you may notice the steering shaft grinding a bit at the dump pipe after the turbo. You can neglect that as it will eventually grind a small groove in the dump pipe or you can get an aftermarket dump pipe. Bings has one. For the tranny you may notice the dust shield on the tranny wont allow the stock 5spd 240 driveshaft to fit properly, you can easily fix that by knocking the shield off. I have first hand experience with the swap as I have done it in my dinky little garage. Its not that hard at all… i would just suggest doing as much research as you can and making sure you have everything you need for it so there is no downtime.

Yea lol, both Kengi and myself have done it in our garages, so we’ll know the little things that can/will occur.

thanks a lot guys. saved this thread to favorites! this is all the info i needed basically. just gotta source out parts.

and the oil pump…change it? like seriously?

the exhaust. bing has a dp that will clear the steering shaft np? if not i don;t care. i’ll bend her in a bit or make one.

planing on having 2 complete exhaust systems for the car as well. so we’ll see how that goes.

who the fuck says with mckinney mounts the engine will hit your hood… lol

Ive got those mounts and it fits like a dream!!! Running a 12" an a 10"pusher fan setup

wired it myself… its 4 wires to get it to start… check nico on wire diagram

stock downpipe will bolt right up to your catbackexhaust…

with a walbro the extra pressure will cause you to run rich if you dont get a A/M FPR

picked up a mint FMIC
heres link http://www.rb-performance.net/rb20detrb25detintercoolerkit.aspx

any Qs throw me a PM

Yea essentially the McKinney mounts are good to have and will solve all clearance issues, however they cost a pretty penny.

you dont have to change the oil pump… but it is a good idea if you have the chance becasuse you never know if it will go sometime in the near future you dont need the aftermarket dump pipe but it will make things go alot smoother. also when say dump pipe i dont mean DP, thats the downpipe. The dump is the small peice of piping that comes right after the turbo and connects to the DP. Bing also sells downpipes and they will fit no problem. most of the exhuast parts for the rb25/20 are interchangable. Also dont buy the dump pipe that is divorced ( as in separated) It will not clear the steering shaft.

well…to make things easier and cheaper. i’m going to try to get a cross member.

and mckinney’s intercooler set-up for my swap is like 7$$ something around there. crazy. that’s real good price for all that. i’m a look into it more though. i trust mckinney more than “otis”

Kengi…Turbo elbow lol

alright…but i do not need that for the swap…?

mike, do you have an adjustable fpr??? i was thinking about just running a 300zxtt f/p.

mike…you cleared that up lol. thanks. elbbbooow. what i thought…then i thought…well fuck, maybe i’m still reallllllly new to this shit. although i have made “dump pipes” before…hmm

Nope, stock.

sorry lol I am stuck in aussie mode…

seriously though Mike. what you think about the RB in your car?

Loved the torque, not to mention the obvious answer…It sounds better than almost anything lmao :wink:

I’d suggest grabbing an RB25 Neo turbo though. It’ll be a whole-nother motor with it - for good reasons obviously.

thats what i can not friggin wait for!!!

what all is involved with that. financial and…well work wise?

p.s know anyone that needs a ka24de w/5-speed and all the jazz? lol

…BTW, the turbo is a direct bolt on. Get rid of that stock RB20 turbo bullshit!

how much senhor? i can call tomorrow. but you got me excited.

I’ve heard Japan Direct getting rid of them as low as $100