looking for rb26dett info ,or ppl doin swap

im lookin into doin a rb26 swap into a 240 i have sitting around, ive heard of ppl doin the swap but nobody actually completing this. im lookin for any info about the actual swap, and what needs to be purchased or modified to do this

any info or links would be appreciated

farmer

I think there’s a write up on how to do it in the current issue or the next issue of modified mag. :S

$$$$$$

I couldn’t imagine the huge PITA it must be to put in a 240.

For me, an R34 engine (same fucking engine) still requires front/rear prop-shafts + an R34 crossmember

Just to give you an idea of how much $$

http://undergroundmotorsports.com/catalog.htm <-- look at the bottom of the page… thats for mounts alone… R32 engine will run about 4Gs… then you need an RB25 transmission… which will be fun to find on its own.

if you get an R32 engine you should baffle the sump and get a better oil pump to solve the problems with the car starving itself of oil under high lateral Gs.

I know of a JDM S13 Silvia with a RB26 for sale in Canada if you looking to buy. From my understanding it’s a very expensive swap.

i can’t honestly imagine how people get the rb’s to fit…like they are a massive motor.

and yes, modified has a “write up” in the current issue

pm’ed

you’d spend less money doing an RB25 then buying the stroker kit for it.

Takes it to 2.8L

Ya but it is Farmer,

hahah he will make it work,
I guess we will have to wate and see tho

Is this because he couldn’t take the KA? j/k :lol:

well we shall see about that,

there might be another idea there.

Pics of the Silvia.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Muttle/20.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Muttle/14.jpg

you of course noticed that more then 1/2 that enigne is in FRONT of the front wheel axel center … you think the car has cornering issues as it is… good luck with that…

it handles fine

get a rb25

Hi guys, haven’t been here in a while.
Here’s my two cents on this topic. VERY EXPENSIVE. You’d have better luck finding a RB25 for your swap. I haven’t worked on my project in a while because now it’s just me and my brother running our shop. Very busy. But recently I’ve been able to crank the motor and tomorrow will have it running. Should have it totally finished in a couple of weeks. Lights and accessories etc. Does anyone know a good place to get an intercooler, blowoff valve, slim line flex-a-lite fan for cheap? By the way if you don’t know me or remember I’m the guy with a 95 RB25det in a 95 s14. Farmer if you have any questions about this swap let me know and I’ll do my best to answer them.

That’s for sale for 24,000 or something around there.

hey dude did i see you lastyear on hurontario with a silver zenki s14?

you pulled up beside me and downshifted and then ripped it like mad snake style i was like

OMGBBQ

Farmer, I’m guessing your inbox is full & messy.

Get back to me about that rear valance.

Hey Farmer, when you have some down time contact Stefan at Next Level Automotive (in Etobicoke). He may have some words of wisdom on a RB swap.

My Rb25 in the s13 work awsome … I was really suprised on the power and the sound that this engine makes (It sound a little deeper, but a lot like a Supra - specialy under boost)

I have studied this engine thue-out … its not much harder to do a Rb26 than a Rb25 … the biggest thing is to find an RB25 transmission to bolt up to the Rb26 motor.

There are multiple obsticles that you will see, in this swap - mounts, wiring, down pipe, rad, intercooler, driveshaft, battery, speedo, tach, maf sensor, to name a few.

My personal preference is to upgrade to one big single turbo, rather than two small turbo (that is why I chose the Rb25 rather than the Rb26) - but that is just me, either way you can mount either setup in your car.

This is why you use a rotory for everything…