rb swap questions? (add your own as well)

well i thought i would start of this tread. ask any questions about any rb swap. im not the RB king so others will most likely answer that have done this or know what they are talking about.

ill start. i was wondering that if you could put the screen(with turbo, throttle, etc read outs) from an r34 into a 240sx or other car, if you did a RB26 swap? i know it would need a custom housing but would you have to do for wiring and is it worth it? i thought it would be cool!

-Shawn

yes it worth it!, RB26DETT is the best thing that can happen 2 a 240sx…it will
cost alot but it will prove itself later for sure…i’m planin’ 2 put an rb25det in my coupe…runs awsome!!

thanks. i was wondering about the screen that has all the read outs. i dont know if thats what you were talking about the swap or the screen?
I want to one day do the RB26 swap :drivin

-Shawn

apexi Power FC has a reading screen …i was talkin’ about tha rb26 swap as well…rb26 will be great for a 24o … but i wanna do rb25 2 my coupe…

The RB26DETT from the R32 and R33 are very similar. The R34 RB26DETT is very different… The computer screen from the R34 is only compatible with the R34 engine/wiring harness

You don’t really need the R34 computer screen if you have good gauges…

You will not be able to use the tranny from any RB26 engine due to the AWD requirement… so you will need an RB25 tranny (RWD)

The 240SX will need to be reinforced big time because the engine weight and power generated…

It would be a good swap… I’ve seen it done before in Japan…

//\ actually you can use the RB26 tranny… With only rwd…

ye doesnt sykos kit use that. i think the article was in Super Street(to tired to think).

No Syko’s kit doesn’t use the RB26 tranny… you have to mod the oil pan by cutting and welding a few things… they just did it because it’s better than the RB25 tranny atatched to the RB26.

or use a rb25 oil pan

the RB25 has some bolts missing near the back…

… imnto sure waht you sayin bolts for the oil pan?
go to mckinnys site u can use the rb25 oil pan not sure if its stock or not but meh.

Personally, I think RB26tt, is not worth doing in an s13. RB 20 and 25’s are

way cheaper and you wouldnt have to reinforce the frame as much. Unless

you have a mad deep wallet, but still. Youd have one hell of a time trying to

put all that power down without the tires spinning forever.

i knwo wat ur talkin about ^
tires own me

I have a question of a swap as well.

Swapping the RB26DETT into a GTS-4, what are all the things you need to do for it? Just put it in and re-wire or are there additional things to do?

theres a few things. mitch from jdm-imports did that to one of their 4 door gts-4. ask them about it they’ll be able to help you with that.

Ok thanks, I’ll be sure to check up with him.

RB26 from a R32 into a R32 GTS-4 would all be plug and play, as long as you use the RB26 wireing harness and ECU, everything will just drop and plug in.

:R

P.S. what did you do with your RB20 when you swapped it, I could use a spare engine.

RB25 (R33) and RB26 transmissions are the same internally but the RB26 has the transfer case built into it.

RB20/RB25 oil pan (RWD) are very thin metal, as opposed to the cast oil pan for the RB20/25/26 (4WD) that has the front diff and front shafts.

People here should not doubt the RB20, more of a free revving engine then the RB25 or 26.:{

the RB25 oil pan on a 26 will be missing a few bolt, it is a very common problem with them leaking. better to weld up the diff holes.

it is best to use the 25 tranny. cleanance issues with the 26 tranny is a pain in the but! im sure you can use a 25 bell housing on a 26 tranny.

the wiring for both the 25 and 26 is very time consuming.

we are working on a RB25 swap into a 300zx VG N/a right now. thats fun
fab work. we are going to make an up mount turbo mani, as most likely a T04 of GT35 not sure on trims yet but, it will have a few goodies.

also to challenge a myth,

we just completed an rb25 swap into my winter beater s13 “silvia” , complete with greddy intake and fmic set up.

and were able to keep the stock mech fan despite most people who think it’s impossible.

this marks the 3rd or forth Rb swap i’ve wired for s13 to fire up and run first try.

and like all harness i make it looks factory! i’ve got this down to a few hours to make them