rb26 swap into s13 Q and A please !!!

ok well i’m new to this rb swap. i have tons of questions that need to be answered but i can’t find anyone that can help. ok first of all i was wondering if the rb swap is even worth the time and money? i know the 26 comes awd, but i want to keep my 240 rwd cuz it just seems easier but i don’t know how thats going to work. i read somewhere that i can use the rb25 tranny and i can keep my 240 rwd, is that true? i read that if i get a front clip of a r33, that the axle can just bolt right onto the 240, i was wondering if thats true? what parts would i need for this swap, like the misc. parts?

lol

u can use a rb25 trany to make it RWD
the rb26dett will throw off the nearly prefect 50/50 and make it front end heavy
i looked into pretty heavily a year ago.
i liked the idea of having it, but for the money u could get the same horse power out of a sr and keep the weight distribution even

before you get flamed, take my advice and do more research. all those questions have been answered including the cost, which is about $8-$10gs to swap.

peace

Honestly… all flaming aside… Most people just dont have to time or money to complete this swap. If a rb26dett is readily availible it still is a very big headache to get one in. Like tosh said its like 8 - 10 grand to get the swap done. Alot of misc parts and custom fabs will need to be done. If your in it for just the rbness of it, why dont you do a rb20det swap like the rest of the fellows around here. They drop right in and are cheap. Rb25’s are a little more pricey and require more parts to make it happen. I would do a little more research on the swap… There are too many people asking the same q’s over and over again.

fuck him… let the flaming begin!!!

^^lol

IMO rebuild and boost the KA, youll get better gas milage, .1 Litres less BUT no swaping involved lol

^^^ another whitbian?! :open_mouth:

wow… oh so many zenkis in whitby.

LMFAO Quoted!

I like to help out noobs, or give them some sense of direction towards their research and goals, but holy motherfucking ballsack.

No comment.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1739/facepalmaroundtheworlddo1.gif

zilvia.net or nicofuroms has info.go there . yes go the rb20 rought.less headache and more pocket money left.

Screw RB’s all together. If you want a good option for a 4 cyl, go KA-T, it’s already in your car. If you wanna go all out, go LS1/VH45, possibly even twin turbo in the future…

I’m not a big fan of 333cc per cylinder in the RB20. lol the KA’s almost double that.

TORQUE.

Now THAT is AWESOME!!!:slight_smile:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/AhmadG/Random/0to60.jpg

So many engines… I’ve read a whole bunch of threads and they all seem to go no where cause everyone says their engine is the best and the rest are full of sht. I have no clue what I’m gonna do when I get a s13…

I don’t even know if I’m gonna get a 240sx. I might just rice it up a little with a Civic hatch and then swap in a GSR engine or just buy the GSR and work on that lil bastard… Although RWD would be more fun, or maybe like a Subaru but those are too expensive.

LoL topic goes from a rb26 to a fuckin GSR.bahahaha