rb swap questions? (add your own as well)

As Heatw said, it only took him a few hrs. However he’s a lot faster than most, it’s the fab work that sends the price of the swap through the roof. Also as he said we were able to keep the fan and the plan is to put a push fan in when the weather warms up and he comes back from Japan. The rb25 is really nice in the s13, you’d swear it came with it. Drives nice and smooth and it’s not much heavier than the ka. Never weighed them but it didn’t seem to stress the suspension any.

Brent

Though they may seem to be the same weight, you’re actually displacing a lot of that weight before the crossmember. That throws off the handling big time.

Interesting… any progress pics?

that’s not tru the majority of the weight difference is the transmission which is behind the cross member… have you driven a proper rb25 s13 before? unless of course u mean in a z then i totally agree

I just finished my RB25 in my 97 240 Fired up first try Easy as pie… I did the whole harness In just a couple hours. and on top of that I retained my factory wiper intermitant and auto stop… even Wire in the ac so when I get the pipe lengthened I can have working ac… although i dont have power steering its not too hard to get around in… the thing has gobs of tourque I love it… and the sound… omg