rb25 gas milage

How many of you rb owners are getting poor gas milage.I got a s13 with fmic, exhaust and power fc.my milage is about 250 full tank city and hwy driving.is it because the gas gauge is not accurate on the s13 with rb?I am still using the stock usdm cluster btw.does it need a better tune?

Sounds about right lol

how you driving it?
with my rb25 240 i get like 150-200km to tank but it a track car
with my e36 rb20 i can get from 500-700km a tank (60l tank)

guess it all depends how you drive and how the tune is setup, im running stock ecu still for now

I drive it pretty hard some times.I just think its the way I drive it.sometimes it would be better on gas if I just take it easy.I think its the tune.I think its average after all.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

What are you using for your rpm and speed?my rpm is off 500 or so.using the speed app on my phone for how fast I am going on the hwy.but in the city I just follow traffic.I think I am going to get a apexi rsm for that

Your shit is fucked up, i get 450km+ per tank on rb20’s 25’s 26’s. Its your tune.

how about s14sr20? if you tune my sr proper how many kms to a tank should i get? right now city 350-400 high way 600 but i know people get way more then that!

My rb20 in my skyline gets 350-400 a tank in the city and on the highway 600-650 depending on how heavy I am into the throttle.

that’s about right for an sr. If you want more than just don’t hit boost and dont hit the brakes :stuck_out_tongue:

My rb20 in my skyline gets 350-400 a tank in the city and on the highway 600-650 depending on how heavy I am into the throttle.

how dose hitting the brakes use gas?

then you need to accel. thus using fuel.

true

That’s definitely odd, you need a tune to get that rb25 getting you the better mileage and probably more power too since it sounds like it’s running too rich. My sr20 is more fuel efficient than my tercel was even though it’s considered good on fuel economy, guess it’s just how efficiently the motor is running.

Time for a tune.

I get about 350 kms to a tank, about 50 liters…

stock ecu