RB25DET 240sx Swap

The dreaded KA-T Vs. SR20 Vs. RB - Series fights… fucking people GROW THE FUCK UP!!

dont argue about peoples choices and even what they do dream of seeing when they pop thier hood at a meet…
its not your fucking car dont say shit. maybe say “i would recommend an sr20” not “your just a fucking ricer who wants a skyline engine”…

FOBWALL!! why dont you go fuck yourself. all you do is the sigh pictures and talk shit… seriously man… your annoying and because of you i have to uselessly scroll down past your post to get to something worth reading!!!

ahhhh… much better…
the rb25 is a serious endever… the only reason i would choose it is if i had a bottomless pit of money, the SR20 engine has power and with the same money will produce a much more reliable drift engine(if the rb25 was good in a s13 then Intense prob would of put one in thier driftcar but instead they sold thier childs souls for the 2.2 which i might add the kit to make a 2.2 is worth more then 6Grand!)
for the straight id say rb-25, dont think its a reliable engine either… more common probs with the rb then anythin else out there. they got pump issus and alot of other things that made me look at sr’s after looking into RB swaps…

just remember no matter what you choose, people will be impressed no matter what you put in your Chassis… i once saw a VG30dett swap… almost made me cry it was beautiful… almost 320HP off the start then throw on bolt ons…

just be responsible think ahead and plan for sucess.

i never said 20gs on the motor…read carefully and it says project…not just the motor swap…all rounded car.

There are a good amount of guides on the internet on how to do an LS1 swap, just most of them aren’t on JDM based boards thanks in part to a general attitude that JDM > *, and also to the fact that a lot of people doing V8 swaps are Camaro fans, so they’re on Camaro forums. The swap isn’t that hard, and given the size of the engine, is probably easier than the RB series (I’m pretty sure they’re kinda long…).

Yeah…good luck putting a ton of horsepower in a car and not having it break every other thing on the car. Its been said that fast cars are built from the back to the front, not the other way around.

:picard:

I give up on this thread. Too many idiots.

even i have to say sigh
U build a car to fit a persons goals.
The question is what motor fits what goals better.

I love my SR and it fits my goals perfect. what i listed in my previous post is almost exactly what i did and thats my experience. Said and Done

Im more of a person who builds my car around my motor. My next car i really want to build something with a 2jz. More for the amusement of having a stupidly retarded single turbo. Or something with some muscle.

Every motor has its pro’s and cons. List them and let the fucking person figure it out for himself.

That’s true … You have evaluate which would be more practical for u & the use you want out of it … From this thread, in the beginning, I was interested in getting an RB but now, thinking twice about, i dont intend on spending $6000-$8000 for a good swap … I’d rather purchase an SR20, put a few mods into it to make around 250-300whp & enjoy as a daily car drive … Now if i want more, then id save up for a 350Z & slap a nice turbo kit on that baby & invest more money into that car … Thats my opinion … But back to the SR20, im starting to like what i hear about SR’s more than RB’s lol

The reason why most people recommend SR’s is because they are fairly cheap and pretty easy to swap. The main thing you need done is the wiring which you can pay someone to do it for you or you can try doing it yourself.

SR’s are not fast but it definitely is an improvement over a stock KA.

This thread made me lol so Ill bring it back to life. I’m not trying to start shit but I found this interesting?
http://www.superstreetonline.com/techarticles/130_0703_sr20_rb25det_swap/index.html

Ps I know they swapped in an rb26 but they also stated the rb25 as well :slight_smile:

Put in an rb26dett and your car will run high 10s stock.

and a quote from SupaStreet:)
“all we can say is “WOW!” If you’re even remotely considering the SR swap, we say save your cash for the RB conversion instead. The torque is incredible and a stock RB will far surpass the thousands of dollars that would make an SR fast.”… any words?

I can attest to that, on a smaller scale.
The 20 does have more torque, and obviously the 25 will.

go rb20det their dirt cheap and are impressive enough till you want more of course. i spent close to 2 grand on my rb20det setup that i had on my coupe. and It was well enough power to catch up with the Sr’s ( if thats what your aiming at). Rb25 these days… i think is a waste since The prices of the motorsets and clips are over inflated and it is becoming harder and harder to find a decent deal on that motor. even the rb20det is going up in price. lol

^ well here are Toronto Jdm prices on the redtop sr20det and RB25det complete engine swaps (not front clips)
Redtop sr
ENGINE INCLUDES:

ENGINE BLOCK TOP AND BOTTOM
5 SPEED RWD TRANSMISSION
CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL
PRESSURE PLATE
INTAKE MANIFOLD
EXHAUST MANIFOLD
TURBO
FUEL RAIL
THROTTLE BODY
DISTRIBUTOR
SPARKPLUGS
ALTERNATOR
STARTER
AC COMPRESSOR
POWER STEERING
INJECCTORS
SPARKPLUGS
OIL PAN
VALVE COVER
WIRE HARNESSES
MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR
ECU
ACCESSORIES (STOCK MOUNTS & SENSORS)

Details

SKU: 505
Weight: 780.00 lbs
Price: $ 2,000.00 (CAD $ 2,360.00)
(Notify me when the price drops)

Rb25det
ENGINE INCLUDES:

ENGINE BLOCK TOP AND BOTTOM
RWD 5 SPEED TRANSMISSION
CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL
PRESSURE PLATE
INTAKE MANIFOLD
EXHAUST MANIFOLD
TURBO
FUEL RAIL
THROTTLE BODY
DISTRIBUTOR
SPARKPLUGS
ALTERNATOR
STARTER
AC COMPRESSOR
POWER STEERING
INJECCTORS
SPARKPLUGS
OIL PAN
VALVE COVER
UN-CUT WIRE HARNESSES
IGNITER
MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR
ECU
ACCESSORIES (STOCK MOUNTS & SENSORS)

WE CAN GET NEW INTERCOOLER&NEW MOUNTS FOR 240SX SWAP

Details

SKU: 503
Weight: 1050.00 lbs
Price: $ 2,250.00 (CAD $ 2,655.00)

Only a different by a few hundred in price, and I know you have to spend extra on the rb25 for the mounting and wiring etc but is it really that much to say its a waste especially when you know you have a engine that can handle hi hp on stock internals?.
I’m not say I know it all but this is just from info I’ve gathered from other 240 site.

a stock SR20DET makes more peak torque (albeit by fractions) than a stock RB20DET because even tho an SR has 2 fewer cylinders, it has a longer stroke.

yes, superstreet says that a stock RB far surpasses the thousands of dollars that would make an sr fast, but that’s an RB26. a stock RB20 makes the same power and weighs 150 pounds more than an SR.

annnd everyone knows RB20s are slugs off-boost. way worse than an SR is off-boost (and SRs aren’t exactly amazing off-boost either)

^ true but I’m talking a bout the Rb25det. lets say you did one of the two swaps SR20DET / RB25DET and left them both stock for the price/power which engine would be the better buy?.
I like both engines and plan on getting another s13 this summer, the only problem is I can’t make up my mind sr20 or rb25.

It seems that most people here have sr’s and say swap it in its great, on the other hand the few with the rb25 say the same. The only way to get a real answer is to say IF money was “NO problem” what would you run sr20 or rb25 and they always say rb26dett. lol writing this made me realize this is most likely the…
http://anatomy.yonsei.ac.kr/zeroboard/data/DVD/NeverEndingStory.jpg

Unless you are building a pure drag car an RB25 will make the 240 handle and stop like a bag of shit and raise the weight of the overall car.

That being said, I can do one installed for 14k.

Will run as if OEM and include EMS.

Or I can do an SR that will run the pants of any RB in the club for less money.

:slight_smile:

stay ka. save that 6gs and put it to ur suspension / rims/ tires/ cosmetics/ bucketseat/
if u come to track il show u how fun a stock to the airbox ka can be at shannonville. :slight_smile:

^^^ well said

suspension is where its at!!!

Ive got a RB20 in my car… wish it was a 25 but hey did what I could afford.
Glad I went with an rb over a sr…

Been in both RB cars an Sr20…
Its all taste… do what fits your budget

I would go RB25 any day over a sr mainly for reliablility … If your aiming for say a nice number of about 300 - 350whp you would need ahighly modded sr to get those numbers… be as simple as the little things on a RB25 to get that… FMIC plenum downpipe… the reg shit…

and whats with the pices of 5 - 700 on a rad for a RB… its the same a KA rad koyo for whateva Bing sells them for and mitsu whateva rads for about 200

meh… My 2cents

^ That’s exactly what I’m aiming for 300-350whp, with that said Ill do the rb25det and just like Scarface said "you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. The RB25det power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."LOL

nothing sounds like a inline 6!!!1 soo hot… sr20s sound like hondas in comparison