rb26 engine dimensions?

would anyone happen to know the dimensions (length, width, height) of a rb26?

Dimensions (L x H x W) : 34.25 x 26.18 x 26.57 in

for more info: http://www.skylinegtr.com/SPECS.html

LEE FTW!

trying to fit it in a different car? or whats the dealio…

ya, no kidding, you cant just tell ask us a question like that and not give the plans away. :roll:

he is going to put it in a Mach 1 and challenge the crime lords of tokyo in a sideway battle.

my dad wants to know what could posibly fit into his datsun 1600 but he only wants to spend 5g to get a reliable 400hp.

If it already has an FJ, just build that. Or swap in an SR. :finga:

build the FJ with what available parts ?!

I say KA-T that shit.

I have RB25,26 and 30’s for sale. Add an extra 1inch and a half on the height for the RB30

I have one of those parked in my garage. (walks over to GTR, makes fish measuring gesture with hands, walks over to roadster, walks back to GTR because stupid hands moved, walks back…)

I think it will fit. More a question of transmission and shifter location than engine I think.

Guys put v8s in those things but granted they aren’t as long.

He should consider an SR or even a KA. Plenty of power for that car (it weighs something like 1800 lbs) so an rb26 is overkill and would likely not help with the handling if you want to turn. The SR or KA is more realistic considering the budget and will give him all the power he needs in that light of a car. Putting in an RB seems dumb to me.

Tell your Dad to go here www.311s.org if he wants more roadster info. There are SR and KA swaps covered there.

That might be a tough swap to do for 5g’s. RB26s are at least 3500 plus you need a ton of parts to swap it in (custom motor mounts, wiring hareness issues, etc.). But if he can get it done though that would be sick.

i think he is going to go with a sr becuase the rb wouldnt fit in the car without some major modifications.

even a sr20 will put u welll over 5g`s dont forget these cars came with sigle piston 9inch rotors and drum brakes lol. suspenion upgrade chassis stiffening etc all off a must if u want to do it properly. let me know if u guys need any help. u can get decent power with other older engines.