RC car peeps

well i got a tmaxx gas powered car. well it needs a plastic gear and some other little odds and ends.

i don’t even know how to start the damn thing. :rant: :rofl:

let me know if you know where to go to get parts and someone can show me how to operate it…

LOL…I think I can help you out.

let me know…cause my schedule is full you know with being a retired disabled vet :rofl:

I could help you out, or maybe hit a local hobbytown USA. Their prices are a little high, but the one in Robinson, seems to have a few knowledgable folks working in the RC area. At least they did when I was still into RC. Go in there and ask for Sam Peoples, he can hook you up with some knowledge…

priced high but there employees know waht they are doing… I use to be bg on RC boats but its died off

Big surpirse…:zzz:

I would have picked you for a plane guy.

i was at first but planes are too expensive for me… i bought a Typhoon 3d a few months ago. First flight the servo stripped and causes a crash that split the body in half. parkzone or hobby town would not replace a damn thing or even return it… so its still in the garage

ive been in boats since I was about 15 so 2 years…

I’ve been dealing with River Junction in Beaver since '92 for my R/C cars.

I go to Hobbytown when I need parts for my Jato, they aren’t that much more expensive, and they know what they are talking about there. I got tons of advice from those guys for my Jato.

j/c hobbies in penn hills, hobbytown, or just join www.rccaraction.com. they have forums on every type of r/c car. you own a t-maxx. call traxxas, they have the best customer support ever. they will help you out. in the meantime, try this…

1-you stripped the spur gear, when you replace it, take a piece of paper, and keep it in between the the spur gear/clutch bell, so there will be a perfect gap once you tigthen down the engine/spur gear, then remove the paper.

starting the engine…1st of all, check everything, glow plug, fule lines, fresh fuel, e/z start or glow plug ignitor, engine isn’t fl;ooded(if so, remove glow plug, turn upside down, and turn over engine, excess fule will drip out).

if all that is in check, your needle settings are out of wack. nitro engines are a lot different then gasoline in the matter that they won’t run with improper fuel mixture.

turn the high spped, and low speed needle all the way down. until they can’t turn anymore. after that, turn each one about 4 turns out, abd that is pretty close to the original factory settings. from there, you have to listen to the engine when starting. if it starts, then stalls, it is too rich/or to lean. if it starts, but stalls when you hit the gas, the idle screw needs adjusted, or again it is too rich/lean.

after you get the engine tuned, it is very easy to keep it running. use the dvd that came with it, and always take out the glow plug and spray a little wd-40 in the engine when your done for the day. i hope i gave you enough tips until you get to the hobby shop. good luck.

river junction has been gone for a few years now

steel city hobbies in bridgeville, they have an indoor track and alot of good people that know alot of stuff, they tested and tuned my TMAXX 3.3 last year and its a rocket

If only I had all the money back that I gave John and Sam over the years…:hahano:

Too damn bad. If they were still around, I might still be into RC…

Last place on the face of the earth I would by anything. I have seen them rip-off too many good people. But, hey, thats only my opinion.:hahano:

]

lol yeah, racing down Rolling Wheels for gift certificates, just to spend more at the shop.

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34809

That looks like it was a sweet track…

Rumor has it that John is starting up racing at the Raceway again…

He has been working for the RC shop in Penn Hills. And selling parts at the track in Latrobe again. Sounds like hes getting back to where he was a few years back…

my buddy was alllll into this shit and is not getting out of it…

i’ll ask him if he has some parts layin around, which he probably does

rolling wheels, was great, i miss those days

If he does, i’d consider getting back into it.