RC Car/Truck thread

Glenwood just a track? Can you race any type of R/C or only certain types?

Glenwood info
http://glenwoodrc.com/
http://www.wnyrcinfo.com/site/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=57

• RACING EVERY WEDNESDAYS - OPEN SCT AND 1/10 STADIUM TRUCK

• stadium truck 10.5 , sct open and open pro classes.

• track opens at 4:30 , racing promptly at 630.

• 2 rounds qualies , a-mains 7min.

• RACING EVERY SATURDAY

• open 1/10 4 wheel

• stadium truck

• 2 wheel buggy

• open pro sct

• electric 1/8

• TRACK OPENS 9AM - RACING AT 11:30

• 3 RNDS QUALIFYING , 7MIN A-MAINS , 6 MIN. QUALIES.

----SCHEDULE -----

POINTS SERIES STARTS FIRST RACE IN JANUARY

NOVEMBER - 3,10,17,24 - REGULAR WEDNESDAY NIGHT SERIES.

NOVEMBER - 6,13,20 - REGULAR SATURDAY SERIES

NOVEMBER 26, Regular Saturday racing.

DECEMBER 1,8,15,22,29 - REGULAR WEDENESDAY RACING

DECEMBER 4,11,18 REGULAR SATURDAY SERIES ( CLOSED XMAS )

JANUARY 5-( WED. POINTS START ) 12, 19, 26

JANUARY 8TH - ( SAT POINTS START )
15TH - NON POINTS RACE
22 - POINTS
29 - POINTS

FEBRUARY 2 - NO RACING ( WEDNESDAY )
9 - REG. RACING
16 - REGULAR RACING
23 - DOUBLE POINTS - MID SEASON RACE
FEBRUARY 4TH , 5TH - SECOND ANNUAL TRUCK OFF !!!- LOGISTICS POSTED AS EVENT NEARS
FEBRUARY 12 - NORMAL POINTS RACE
FEBRUARY 19TH - NO POINTS
FEBRUARY 26 - MID SEASON DOUBLE POINTS EVENT

MARCH 2, 9 , 16 , 23 , 30 - NORMAL WEDNESDAY RACING

MARCH 5 , 12 - NORMAL POINT SATURDAY RACING

MARCH - 18 , 19 - 1ST ANNUAL BUG OFF !!! - LOGISTICS POSTED AS EVENT NEARS.

MARCH - 26 - NORMAL POINTS RACE

APRIL 6TH , 13TH - NORMAL POINTS RACING ( WEDNESDAYS )
APRIL 20TH - DOUBLE POINTS SEASON FINALE

APRIL 2 , 9 , 16 - NORMAL POINTS RACING ( SATURDAYS )
APRIL 23RD - DOUBLE POINTS SEASON FINALE

---- THERE WILL BE 4 DROPS FOR SATURDAY AND WEDNESDAY POINTS RACING. MEANING WE THROW OUT YOUR WORST 4 FINISHES.

edit3: some outside fun… (note, I have never been there.) practised once at their old place outide EA.

YESSS!!! I have a 1/10th Stadium truck… it is slow but this looks like fun!!!

^ I’m pretty sure I have a roller hpi MT at my parents still with like new dirt hawg tires.
I used to be BIG into R/C. Used to run every sat at Full Throttle Raceway in the Sanborn area. Now every winter I usually go to my parents house to get a couple r/cs together to sell to try to liquidate some stock. The HPI MT was gonna be this winters project. I had like over 10 R/Cs just sitting around. If interested I’ll check out everything I have for it.

Im at glenwood 2 or 3 times a week. Pretty new to RC, but i am doing very well, I just race 2wd short course (heavily modified sc10) Come check it out! its super fun.

Doesn’t glenwood do the hpi 1/5 scales to?

Anyone know where I can run this guy? Nah, I like tearing up empty parking lots. 70+ MPH out of the box, and its modded also for better low end.

I am more-so into other RC hobbies…

In the summer they may repave the lot at glenwood all about hobbies for racing they built an oval last year they are waiting on a price and seeing if they can raise the money for it.

I got my front Dogbones for my RS4 MT in the mail today, but i feel a little resistance when I roll the truck and a little click… oh well I might blow up something lol

I used to race on-raod cars @ transit… Man that was a long time ago…
Skaneateles NY(?sp) was fun too.

I’m also still bitter kids today do not have to deal with changing crystals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLrbHRL106A&feature=fvw

Pure awesome-ness

I’v been thinking about picking an R/C car up soon. I used to work in the Glenwood R/C location when it was BuffaloRV. Funny to think that I used to detail campers in that shop and now to see it setup as a track is pretty cool.

I may stop down there on my way to work later and see what its all about.

How much is a decent starter R/C car? I don’t want to go cheap, but Im not about to drop a ton on something that I may not use alot either.

probably looking at 4-500 for a starter…i think

depends. Nitro or electric. I paid 300 for my Team Associated RC10GT RTR a few years back. it will get you going and you can upgrade from there.

From what Im reading, it looks like electric is the way to go. true/false?

It’s faster now lol, but I like my nitro!

major benefit of nitro is no charging, it SUCKS waiting for batteries to charge, when all you want to do it bomb around

Is nitro more expensive than electric? Up front and maintenance?

Fuel can add up but whatever. another thing to consider is that Glenwood’s indoor track is electric only. you’ll have to wait til spring to race. Theres nothing like the smoke coming from a nitro car/trucks exhaust. I dont like electric because like everyone else who posted, I hate waiting for batteries to charge. with Nitro you just keep topping off the tank. it does get a lil messy tho

Well, I’m a sucker for this kind of stuff…

Just picked this up at Glenwood RC. When I stopped in earlier, I told myself I wasn’t going to buy anything just yet and on my way home from work…I stopped and bought one :sigh: Let the addiction begin…

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/pics/asc7040.jpg

Should be in by Friday/Saturday and I should be good for practice by next week. My girlfriend is going to be so pissed when I tell her at dinner tonight that our 1 night a week together may be getting moved to the side…lol FML