RC Car/Truck thread

Does anyone remember the days when you had to worry about finishing a 4 minute race with your battery/gearing etc…?

I’m told all the crap I used get screwed wiht is a thing of the past.
Run time, speed, changing crystals.

I still remember my 1st car.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img18_26052002063220_1_350.jpg
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img18_26052002063220_2_350.jpg

I can’t begin to explain how much time I wasted at Northside Hobbies…

i need a few screws for my RC10GT and a glow plug charge and Im good. I am considering buying a half way decent FM radio

I have a few for sale

FM radios or screws? lol

radios. I probably have any screw you need. I have so much rc shit

I almost want an electric one now, i dont have the time to be turning screws and tuning it while its freezing out, then again i dont have to use it in the winter, but it was fun last year while the thing was running correctly!

Have you played with low and high speed adjustments? How about the idle set screw? Turn the mixture screw in all the way. come out about 2.25 turns it should run. If it runs but wont idle. Turn the idle screw like a clock. Go from 12:00 to 12:05.(leaning of course).Never just start turning screws. What percent nitro are you running?

POST them up!

BTW, did anyone here build a crawler yet? I need help building one out of my clod. I also have an extra clod is anyone is interested.

I forget, i think its the higher octane nitro. I reset it to factory spec and it runs but i think when i floor it it boggs and or just idk hard to explain i tuned it by holding it in the air and flooring it and listening to the motor rev faster higher and then turned it a lil richer just to make sure it doesnt go to lean

but… then it has no bottom end power at all, idk it was used and beat i think probly needs a new motor. i kept trying different things maybe i should just get a temp gun, or maybe a motor.

The guy at fields with the pony tail said i probly needed a motor, and i wasnt going to pay him to get it to run good since wonce the weather changes the tune needs to be adjusted…

You know what i almost feel like going to toys r us and getting a cheap electric one to mess around with because i have to buy a bunch of shit and then hope my Savage will be tunable! I just want to drive around do donuts, jumps.

would everyone laugh at me if I showed up with an old Tamiya Super Hornet?

I want another car or buggy. Maybe another HPI onroad. The 2 speed trannies are sick

Only if it had anything other than a manual speed controller, 32 pitch gears, and a 540 motor :smiley:

Electric has come a long way in batteries and motors. I stepped up to brushless and my car runs just as long but is about twice as fast with lower gearing so I have got really good torque. I am still using batteries that are 14 years old and they work just fine. Only thing is I finally had to superglue all my tires on because the car is capable of tearing them off of the rims now on pavement. I also snapped a half shaft and had to upgrade.

My car before going brushless

I dont know alot about electric R/C’s im guessing by brushless your talking about the electric motors. I just want something i can drive in the snow and beat on!

I have that same RC10 :slight_smile:

I have a few.

It’d be kickass to meet up with a few guys here to bash around. There is like nobody around here that has any quality RC’s.

I have a Jato 3.3, a Revo 3.3, and a Rustler VXL Brushless w/ a MaxAmps 3S 5000mah lipo kit. I like the electric because I can’t tune the nitro for shit.

I have three old school RC10T’s as well (circa 1990 w/ the narrow front wheels/tires) Vintage RC’s FTW. However, I don’t run them at all anymore. Too old for me. The orange chassis one is restored, it looked like the other black/white one when I started. I added everything RPM that I could buy and dyed everything else black, along with powdercoating the chassis orange.

Heres two.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w119/logikfive/Remote%20Control/IMG_0971.jpg

You know milkman?? i crawl with him hes a cool dude.

Here is my ever evolving crawler. I spend more time and money on this thing than any of my nitros. Just so much damn fun and the guys that i crawl with will give the shirt off their backs to help you out.

Wheelie King axles
Axial chassis and tranny
Losi claws and Panther Cougars Tires on Axial beadlocks
Novak Rooster Crawler ESC
Custom build 4 link

mindless: would you be willing to help me set up my clod crawler? I’d like to get a 4-link but have no clue where to start.

I have a total of 2 clods so I have plenty of spare parts for the build.

Anyone looking to switch from nitro to electric (brushless specifically), DO IT! I had a savage and now a brushless pede. Less maintenance, no need for tuning, faster, more torque, and w/ lipos now there’s no looking back.

I have a 4tec for sale if anyone is looking for an onroad for cheap.