(re)building my new / johns old 280z

I forsee people flaming this, but I guess I appreciate the NFG attitude. Looks like fucking hell, but I bet it’s a blast to drive.

Oh I know they will flame it, and I truly do not give a fuck.

Itll be at lancaster all summer, if anyone asks for a ride I have no problem taking them down the 1/8.

Cars gonna be rly fast

Did you ask them to put numbers on the pistons so you can claim them when they go shooting out?

As long as you are enjoying it. That is all that really matters. Some of what I am doing to 69 maro would make many cry as well. Oh well.

What kind of times are you shooting for in the 1/8th?

I’m shooting for low 7s.

It’s 11.5:1 396 sbc stroker, and i will be spraying it sometime this season.

Kinda pissed that I never received my 4.11 rear end hence the 3.90.

Transmission is going to be a comp trans turbo 350 with a transbrake. It should haul ass.

Didn’t this car start on fire? Did you replace the whole harness in the dash?

Yes, twice actually.

Sold the dash for 1500$ back in august and just made my own and started to rewire the car. My buddy ian builds race boats and is coming up in june to make me a custom fiberglass dash with cutouts for rollcage tubes.

:tup:Hopefully my friend drags his to the track and you guys can go at it. Its a 260 with a basic SBC right now but its getting a better powerplant as soon as he gets going. Should be a pretty good show.

I like this thing. It’s a little sloppy for my taste, but it’s probably loud, fun, and does burnouts well. Wouldn’t mind a ride in it at Lancaster this year.

I like it.

Zebra interior and wheelies :tup:

great progress. always liked the look of these. what is a decent price to pay for a 280z project?

What are you doing for a hood? Just cutting out the current cowl thing?

Either going to salvage the cowl thing and remove it or find a fiberglass hood.

The car has fiberglass quarters a around so its alot lighter than most 280’s.

As for project costs, I bought my old 76 car from jake for 500. welded new floors and frame rails and got a motor anf close ratio trans for it.

And then I sold it back to jake…

And he still does most of the work on that car…

A project can go anywhere from $500 on up depending on how much work you want to do. The less rust, the more it is going to cost you.

Idk why it double posted at 2 different times… :tup: to good progress, I saw this car at tops on McKinley a few times

That was the 76’ car that jake now owns

Oh wow, we’ll I’m sure ill kno and see this one when its out lol really interested in seeing that dash when it gets built!