(re)building my new / johns old 280z

you sold a factory 280z dash for $1500?

Damn I thought 240z dashes were only ~$800

Yep, just gotta find the right buyer. I sold the t56 last year for 1800 shipped.

Ups actually broke the tailshaft so I filed a claim they gave me 1300 to repair it (lol labor)

Buyer ended up welding it himself and told me to keep the cash so I did.

Had this sitting for about a year constantly being tossed around. Finally installed it today.

heaters for days

Must see functionality test

Motor still at klispies :frowning:

At this point, line locks appear to work flawlessly.

Lots of engine builder’s use wd40. Two schools of thought on wall lubrication and both seem to work

Nothing wrong with Isky especially for a flat tappet camshaft. Not to much tech or lobe angle with a flat tappet

Scat procomp I beams, couple people on forums say they hold 750-1000hp… should be more than enough for me.

These are actually pretty neat in how they designed them… its sort of a hybrid between an H And I beam rod with all its strength adders. 340 $ shipped.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23839[/ATTACH]

Press time again?

Lolol not this time, they are clip in

Got my parts back from Klispies today, i’ll take pics of the rotating assembly and stuff later.

(shitty cell phone pics incoming)

Block Clearancing

They had to take material out of the pan rail on every cylinder so my damn crank would fit

And i took Choda’s advice and got a Super Vic intake

No more poppin out of the hood goodness?

haha nope, But i will be getting a fiberglass cowl as the Super vic is still pretty tall.

Studded the block with ARP goodies, You can see where klispies had to lighten the crank in this photo. Every counter weight has some material cut off.

Everything In place, torqued down.

God damn i hate measuring bolt stretch…

Gaskets and more ARP studs

Last picture i took, The heads have since been torqued down and i’m about to visit home depot for oil pan bolts / balancer bolts & waterpump bolts

Home Depot ?!! Did AC Moore close early or something?

Your wife was there, i had to run to a place where she wouldn’t find me

Done

Looks great, cant wait to see the performance.

Rad

Triple turbos please.