(re)building my new / johns old 280z

8.8 is kinda slow for that motor setup, what did it trap? I’ve been 8.3 at 86 with my L28ET with street tires and an open diff.

SBC alternators are pretty simple, decent connection from the terminal to the battery and battery voltage at the sense wire should do it. If you’ve got that and it doesn’t work, get the alternator tested.

Raced 1qikz car was limited to 4000, spinning tires

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21312[/ATTACH]

That’s why I was asking johnny what he trapped with it running right.

…your v8 280Z is slow. Sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still on break in period

I only ran the car maybe 6 times at Lancaster. always at cruise night. Never had a timeslip. I don’t know what it trapped.

As far as the car not charging. It is most likely a bad ground. I think I had a ground going directly from the battery to the alt.

On today’s episode of “how to ruin your Z car”

We have Puerto Rican stance, followed by poorly applied carbon fiber fender flares

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21316[/ATTACH]

Dat ass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21317[/ATTACH]

highlight shot of my 30$ rattle can job

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21318[/ATTACH]

section 8 etc etc
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21315[/ATTACH]

Hey, hey. We already got a “hate carbon fiber” thread going here. Get your own.

but but… mine is real carbon fiber

Sure it is.

Still looks fun to me

Should i lower the front end half an inch? it looks kinda funny to me compared to the rear

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21321[/ATTACH]

Needs about 2" all around!

I’m not a fan of the hellaflush look personally.

Neither am I, but you certainly can have a proper balance of low & high.

Idk i really don’t want to lower it, the thing scrapes exhaust as is… then again its not exactly a properly built one either.

You’d have to see it in person, if you stop at 1qikz’s house in the future let me know, i live right up the street from him.

I was just there yesterday, lol.

lol I know, he told me at thunderdome

Lower the front…my 280Z needs more low too.

Got a new alternator, just wanted to thank john for the metal wire holding the cars body harness to the brake line, the vibrations caused it to chew through the insulation of the wires and cause an electrical fire. That was real sweet considering it was hidden underneath the exhaust wrap on the harness.