(re)building my new / johns old 280z

Unmasked it for now, stores ran out of the exact color i was using… gotta re-coat the roof and the cowl. has a few white lines where the tape was, mostly on the rubber.

Other than that i’m pretty happy with it, gonna have to go back and do some touch ups on it and then wetsand it when homedepot/lowes gets more paint in stock. For a 30$ paintjob it came out nice.

Also 1qikz that was me around 845-9

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21291[/ATTACH]

Were u driving on union around 4ish? Didnt know it was you because I was unaware u flat blacked it lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

nope just readjusted the valves around 830pm, its been sitting for a few days

Yup. Heard ya while workin in the office. Need to get on it better than that.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!!

this car is fucked, hard in the butt.

I’m sorry I let you go little Z :’(

That was me, on my way to robftw’s.

it’ll be white again after winter don’t worry

is your house on the corner, with the red truck / slanted driveway?

poor Z…

I’m gonna go cry myself to sleep now.

Section 8 build FTW.

I guess I don’t see the issue here. He cleaned up the interior, spent some time on the paint, and will be respraying a clean white in the coming months (or so he says.)

The only thing I personally don’t like is the stupid fucking hood scoop and chevy badge, and if i’m not mistaken that was all garbage from the previous owner.

Nope. In a few streets closer to the tracks…stalker.

you don’t lay black primer for a white base. and the hood and bowtie were completely necessary.

Hey man to each their own. I guess I don’t understand the hate, regardless of what color he paints it. It’s cleaner than where it was at before, paint aside, and it’s pretty raw and badass if you ask me.

Sucks you sold it?

Get over it.

people think this car is badass?

lol. personally, i dont like what the current owner has done, at all. i also dont care for the scoop on a scoop that the previous owner did. but to each their own, people can do what they want how they like.

now quit the bitchfest.

John is right about the black base coat, however i never sanded it down to the metal when i rattle canned it, come winter time i’ll use my air sander and get it down to the steel and do it right. This is just a temp thing for the summer anyways.

here it is 90% done i think i might get some tint for the marker lenses / tail lights. I gotta re-finish the front turn signals like i did the tail lights (lol forgot to tape them off)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21292[/ATTACH]

what did you run at cruise night? the best i ever ran with my motor and the 6 spd was an 8.83 breaking traction in first and second.

9.25 with the car limited to 4000 and spinning. gonna get it timed with a light and up the limiter to 6500 for next week.

I’m having problems with the car not charging right now, any ideas?