(re)building my new / johns old 280z

Got 3 weeks left…thats why I decided its time to start working on my Z31 again…unfortunately I don’t think my new wheels will be here in time. :frowning:

roof was dented, lots of wavy in the quarter panels, i hated the side trim and the paint was pretty fucked in most places… it looks good in pictures but will make you shake your head in person.

It’s being painted flat black currently, i’ll get some pics in a little bit.

Decided to refinish the tail lights, used 1000, 2000 grit paper, elbow grease and aerosol clearcoat, before and after pic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21283[/ATTACH]

Also polished the chrome up, painted the rear tail light panel gloss black, wet sanded that and aerosol cleared it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21281[/ATTACH]

Painted the hood and airdam flat black, didn’t sand it yet. i need to find someone who can spray a satin clear on it for me with a spray gun + paint booth.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21282[/ATTACH]

Poor car. Knew I should have bought it. To each their own I suppose. On a side note if you want to strip the chevy crap out of it and sell the roller minus the fuel cell let me know.

Holy hate lol

I liked the old paint job

Nah no hate. Just disappointment in the loss of potential lol. But again. Different strokes for different folks.

i don’t think hes hating on it. I like it white too but there were SO MANY FLAWS on it, it took a lot of camera tricks and good angles to get a good photo of it.

i wanted to do a satin white paint job on it. but i’m not gonna shell out 1k+ for a paint job on a car i plan to beat the fuck out of and most likely roll sometime in the future

1Qikz we should go play on the 190 sometime, they just repaved it :smiley: no call outs, just funsies

It’s all fun and games…till somebody looses. What sort of wheel HP you figure you got? Think I hear you tearin up and down the road from my front porch right now.:slight_smile:

haha not me, valve covers are off and lash is being adjusted. Car hasn’t moved in 2 days. I get on it right at the firehall everytime i drive by though. As for hp… i don’t know not more than 400… no dyno yet my saving grace is the fact that its so light

is your car a 6speed?

Rob I definitely wasn’t trying to bash your ride by any means, I mean I drive a pseudo stationwagon/suv for Christs sake. But seriously, if you decide to sell the roller and none of your body parts are decorating the interior let me know. I’ve been trying to find a solid roller for some time.

Standard 5 speed. I think 5 is enough to get me in trouble. Think I’m at the beginning of a tranny meltdown though.

I think i am too, smokes and shit on hard 3rd gear shifts… and it takes a second or so to do it… either tv cable needs adjusting or too much power

I get whine in all gears but shifts normally. Whatdya think?

how much wheel HP do you have in it? (you can pm it if its super sekret)

atleast it’ll be a fun way to explode one of our transmissions

440-460. No big secret.

might be close, your cars 3400lbs or so rig

ht? I’m sitting around 2700 if part weights are correct. i should take it to skyway and get it weighed

Yeah, mine’s a lead bitch. Just go to the scale up at Great Lakes (Riefler Concrete). Usually boils down to traction.

Yeah… you’ve got me there

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21284[/ATTACH]

Those won’t pass inspection.

Neither would the non functioning wipers, no horn, no turn signals, no cats, no mufflers