Re-intro/New Car

2012 Se Sport Package 5sp

Current Mods:
Rally Armor mud flaps
Snorkel, silencer & lunchbox delete
Cobb drop in filter
Steeda rear sway bar
Front Lip (Just installed, pics soon)
Volvo winter wheels (plastic dipped green, winter mode)
Thule rack (only in the summer)
Yellow tinted Fogs
Shaved rear hatch
Plastic dipped chrome whiskers and fog lamp covers black
Ziebar undercoating
Few decals (+5hp for each [;)])

First Time ford owner and I have to say I have been impressed with the car. I was looking for a car that is affordable, fun, usable, good mpg and a decent platform for auto cross. This car hits all these marks so well. I would have loved an ST but I got this off the lot for less then I could have leased an ST.

Just installed the rear sway bar a few days ago and the improvement is astounding. The car is going to be great in auto x this summer. I will be modifying the car to stay in the stock auto class. Drop in filter, cat-back exhaust and wheels/tires (stock circumference) are first on the list of priorities.

Mods Planned for this summer:
Tinted headlights
Red lug nuts
Paint rotors(black) and calipers(silver)
Ford E rear engine motor mount
Performance brake pads (still researching)
2.5" or 3" custom cat back (still researching)

Future Mods:
Tires
ST spoiler (summer setup)
Tune
Lowering Springs & Shocks (summer setup)

I love the focus and the options they offer., you can’t lease a st you can only buy them, and these cars come pretty low as is. Looks good tho, wait a little bit aftermarket is coming for these cars.

Carbotech AX6 for a DD / auto-x pad.

Springs will take you out of stock class.

modifying a base modal is stupid… why not just save your pennys and buy a real car later…

I like the color.

Any iteration of this is till fwd right? At least in the US?

(I dont care enough to look it up)

*Model

Why do we modify any car… because its fun. I bought this car for way less then an ST. The $ I save will be going towards a proper summer car that will be more fun then the ST and keep this as my winter beater/reliable daily. In the mean time I am going to enjoy what I have and use it in auto cross. Plus it stakes up well in its category. H stock is the lowest class and once I am done with the few mods I plan on
making the car will be competitive.

Thanks, I am happy with it.

• Updated - - -

Thanks for the tip

Same with the tune and engine mount, they will come a bit later. Maybe next summer if I really enjoy the car at auto x I will move into street touring class.

• Updated - - -

Unfortunately yes. This was the main reason why the ST was not a slam dunk for me. I’ll get a better platform once I have this paid off and keep it as a solid DD/winter car that is fun to drive.

Seems like a reasonable daily.

Probably could of bout a festiva st for the cost of this car lol

Do you mean Fiesta?

This was still cheaper.
Fiesta ST was not as cheap as I expected only around 2.5K less then the Focus ST when comparably equipped. The Fiesta is really stripped down and cheap feeling when compared to the Focus. That plus the fact that it is to small to through a bike in the back when I do not have my rack on and the rebate that was being offered equalled this Focus my best option.

Pink indicates sarcasm. I modify 90hp Jetta’s.

I’m not a ford fan, but i think everyone should personalize a car… otherwise we all would just drive camry’s
Have fun with it. maybe ill see you at an autocross in my 90hp wagon.

Hope to see you at our events this summer.

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?279003-2014-Autocross-Schedule

*Light bulb. Thats awesome.

Nice! I have been looking for a schedule. I haven’t been to the buffalo events yet but I have heard good things. Planning on heading out there this summer.

I drove one of these as a company car for a while (have a CMAX now) I really enjoyed it for what it was

welcome

Great Car. Love that color blue!!