Real Property Questions

Im looking at the purchase of my second home, but this unlike the first, this is totally differant.
I have a few concerns id like to discuss with a professional, so is anybody on here a realtor? or an agent? or a home inspector?
Thanks

questions include:

listing shows “Failed Septic”

also requires “Mold release agreement” for all viewing

uses oil heat, need pro vs. cons

uses well, pros vs. cons

property is an “as is” what does this mean

Taken by Sheriffs sale 2.5 years ago, been vacant since.

I hope that a very educated inspector or realtor can step in and answer some/all of these for me Thanks

I am not an expert…but from the sounds of it needs a lot of work. If you can get it cheap and dont mind the work…

Once my wife gets home I’ll show her your questions and get you some answers.

I can answer Pro’s Vs. Con’s of Oil Heat if your interested. PM Me.

Chaz…I will try to give you some insight…
Failed septic…this is a big $$ problem. Depending on where it is located, you may have to have a whole new septic system installed. If you are not grandfathered in, you may have o go with a raised bed sand mound system…big bucks, some can go over $20K. I would ask for more info

Mold is a problem in unattended houses. This house may contain mold, and remiediation is expensive. Most insurance policies will nto cover mold. Again, ask a lot of questions as to what the mold issues are. By law, they must be disclosed.

Oil heat is not really all that bad, but of course you are subject to fluctuations in the market. I have lived in home with oil heat, it’s hard to see any difference between that and forced air gas.

I have had a well for 10 years, and as you may remember, i just replaced the pump, to the tune of over $1000. You need to have the water tested for bacteria, and also for mineral content. For example, i have a shitload of iron where i am at. Alos, you want the flow rate tested, so you know if the well is producing a sufficient amount to meet your needs. Otherwise, i lie well water, it isnt full fo the crap chemicals like public water. Hell public water tastes like aalka seltzer to me....

As-is means as-is…

listing also states “Imformation is deamed reliable, but not gaurenteed” kinda scary

Actually, that’s a standard “boilerplate” statement on all homes listed. Since the information is usually supplied by the owner, the agent is not going to “guarantee” that they are not being lied to. Hence that disclaimer.
What is it that you are looking at Chaz? I am not a Realtor, but i have built 3 homes and bought 2 others over the years, and have learned some lessons the hard way, and have a decent feel for this stuff.
If you want to talk, shoot me a PM and i will give you my cell number.
Dave

turns out this house is under agreement, pending financing. so basicly it sold, thanks for the help people. :bigthumb:

pending financing… meaning until some gangstar floats the money bc no bank or finance company ever would :rofl:

move in with whitey

Talk to Petty on heres wife. she was out agent. did a great job

failed septic…can be a big expensise 10,000 all depeding on what type is slated for that house to have

oil heat is good save some money with it all long as the tanks are allright you good to go

i perfer oil over gas but hader to sell a house with oil heat cause people do know that much about it…just have to hget the tank filled and you can pay for it all up front or set up a payment plan for it just like a gas bill… depending on size of tank and oild price at the time anywhere from 500-800

on those house you really gotta watch i have a great home inpspector if you want his info

def have a cert home inspectr go throuh it just dont go off by what someone giving you

alot of thses times these houses are repo and whenthe person knows there house is being taken away they will do anything they can to destory it…
seen many disaters like that when i was a plumber…guy filled all drains up with cemet

went in side walls made cuts in all the copper water pipes…dug up and caped off cement drains

routed rain gutter pipes into basement…

just bad shit…

where is the house located at…im pretty well versed now with what to look out for in homes… been going tolook at home with my buddy alot…

i can walk thourh it with you…if you would like

mold alos need to find out what type…mold an cause major health probems…with certian type buddy of mine bought a house that had mold deceted… didnt listen to me and waved the tests and had hard time breather got sick all the time caughing… just had to rip out his entire finsihed basement down to the block and treat all his walls floor dig all around the outside…and treat all the block new drains new water holding tank and new filter system

reading > me

:beer: :sex:

How much are they asking for th ehouse and on how much property? Location also?

That doesn’t mean it is sold. Our house was under agreement too. I bought it right out from under them … for less money. almost 10,000 less money.