Rear Axle Ball Joint HICAS

Just some FYI if someone is trying to find this part number or what they are looking for specifically.

The is the Rear Ball Joint Assembly for the HICAS steering component that is attached to the rear spindle that also adjusts the Toe.
Nissan Part # 55154-39F00

Mine were shot so I replaced them. I will be installing a lock bar as well within the next day or so to eliminate the HICAS. These have to be pressed in as well. I had a little trouble trying to find this part and you can ONLY get it from Nissan…and as you can see its costly.

Good find even though it’s in the fsm already but most people may need this and not know where to look. I didn’t when i was with a hicas subframe, but i went non hicas subframe anyways.

Takes me back a year or more.

OLD! LoL

Just playin!

Easy to install…PITA to get em out. Don’t forget the C-clip!

If you are installing a lock bar do u still need these? I thought with the lockbars (bings/kazama) on it doesn’t make a difference if your toe arms are shot. I’m now thinking of getting the Cusco/SPL/Driftworks complete hicas eliminater as it also replaces the tie rods, so i avoid paying another 175 for that ball joint.
Swapping subframe seems to be a cheaper option but i have to pay for labor in either case so it will probably end up costing the same.
I am going to disable hicas soon and was looking for the cheapest way to do it. Already swapped to a non-hicas pump which came with my swap, so i’ll just block off one reservoir line and then look into one of the three options.

I like having the option of having hicas and not having hicas. I needed ball joints way back. Obviously I changed them. I decided to keep the sub.

The lock bar tightens the car substantially. Yet, I have full multi-link. The hicas did more then I thought. I have more, yes more, body roll on corners. Believe it or not. The only reason I have not put hicas back in…I like the ass end feeling tight.

BTW, No sexual responses to my last sentence!