rear calipers siezing when i use handbrake

ok so i just put on new calipers, rotors and pads in the rear. The problem is when I e-brake hard the left rear caliper seizes.
When this happens I press the brake really hard and it releases, but the other night it didn’t, so i took the wheel off and found that the ebrake cable was just sitting there loose with the e-brake disengaged and that the spring was fully wound and stuck at its maximum position.
The only thing I could do was remove the caliper from the rotor and as soon as i did that it released, has anyone expeirenced this I couldn’t see anything that would make sieze like that, or maybe im just too strong? :wink:

didn’t quite understand that. but…hows your e-brake cables?

Lube up the whole e-brake assembly on the caliper really well (specifically the spring and pin or w/e it rotates on) and work it in. Mine was doing this too before.

when you did your brakes did you lube up the slider pins really well? or maybe the pins are worn and the caliper is cocking a bit when the ebrake is applied, causing it to stick.

thanks for the input.
I had replaced the drivers side e-brake too, both cables are fine, everything is lubed correctly, I never thought of lubing the spring assembly since its a brand new rebuilt caliper.
Something is making stick and I dont know what, its just the drivers side that is doing it.

Bad caliper… take it back and exchange it.