rear brakes seized?

ok… got my car running after having it sit in my driveway for 8 months… turned out to be a floggin fuse for my fuel pump :stupid:

did the front rotors and pads fine and they work great.
did the rear pads today and it was a B!TCH to turn the caliper in and when i finally got both sides on it now feels like the brake is on all the time…

the car was sitting with the e-brake on for the past 8 months…

any ideas? its too dark out for me to mess around today but any suggestions that come up i’ll be sure to try tomorrow.

thx ppl

It’s probably your Sliders; remove them, clean and regrease.

your cables could also be jammed also, mine were after my car sat all winter

damn condensation

It’s probably your Sliders; remove them, clean and regrease.

Check that first. Wouldn’t hurt to bleed your brakes while your at it as well …

if the car was like sitting out there for more den like a year, should anything b wrong with the brake system? cuz on my 240 i bought it from a guy that left tha car on a parking lot outside of a school and tha brakes work fine jus that after i tested ABS, not it jus seems to always kick in… =\ wutz wrong wit it?

^^^ If they work they work. If you have more questions please start a new thread, don’t hijack this one.

pull on the e-brake, if it doesn’t give you any resistance for the first little bit then you’re looking at seized e-brake lines.

quick fix - take the lines off the calipers, you won’t have an e-brake but atleast you can get around.