Rear mount turbo

not worried about the ss being able to flow enough pressure to that turbo?

well it fits. it all depends on what you are trying to do. if you are doing this on cobalt, its a completely different situation than mine. the turbo you would use would be about 1/3 the size of mine, which is about as big as your engine.

LOL.

I don’t understand why you would go this route…its re inventing the wheel…you save nothing and really gain nothing from doing this on a CRX…

:picard:

yes it would be on my cobalt and LOL at the turbo comment. If I can’t sell my t3/t04b I was thinking of using that. I could fab everything up in a couple days and get it tuned.

Another question…do you lose PSI over a certain amount of space it travels? Obviously if there is a leak you’ll lose some.

no you couldn’t.

Pressure drop at a constant mass flux, constant temperature, constant head pressure is, among other things, a function of linear distance as well as number (and type) of flow disruptions (turns, couplings, etc)

EDIT: nvm, what newman said!

lol okay…if I do this it won’t be done until next spring/summer. I’m going to buy everything first and then do it…then funds won’t be an issue if I’m scrambling to get it done.

Is there a formula I can use to figure out exact pressure loss?

You save your self buying a manifold…but now you have to worry about pumping oil to the turbo…and running all the pipe back up to the front…along with turbo placement under the car…

not really, but you’re probably not going to lose a lot. What’s going to hurt you more is the thermal drop at the turbine inlet. That’s what’s going to make the car seem laggier.

[quote=JDMjunkie;1089007]lol okay…if I do this it won’t be done until next spring/summer. I’m going to buy everything first and then do it…then funds won’t be an issue if I’m scrambling to get it done.

Is there a formula I can use to figure out exact pressure loss?[/quote]
im sure there is,id be worried about running this setup with such a little powerplant.your goin to be waiting all day for boost.
little motor+lots of piping=time to kill

there is plenty of room underneath the car to mount the turbo and run the piping and bottoming out wouldn’t be too big of an issue.

hmm okay. I still have some researching to do lol. thanks for the info dude.

can I ask why you are considering a rear mount over a conventional setup for this car?? I mean I gurantee you there are manifolds already made for you to use. Why waste the time and make headaches for yourself.

One thing that is nice about a rear mount is the sleeper effect, but you have a ton of room in the engine bay of a cobalt to fit a turbo and there are already kits out there for your car, just get one…

how do you figure?unless you drive around with no hood on your car,nones goin to see your turbo anyway???

have you seen the engine bay of a cobalt ss? there isnt that much room

cost wise it’ll end up being cheaper than buying a kit and if it’ll work and get the same effects as a conventional setup…then why not?

There will be a bunch more room without the supercharger and it’s components in there. It’ll be enough room to go like 28r.

probably not.