Recommend me some summer tires

3 Likes

Yeah the DZ102s are a great summer DD tire for the price!

1 Like

I enjoyed the family guy vid.
To that point, is an s2k really that much better?
#donttazemebro

250+ hp changes that though.
Note. I’m pretty sure nothing I own has 250 hp.

Hahaha… I’m just busting balls. I’d take a Miata or an S2k. I got the S5 because I wanted a fun convertible with 4 seats though, and something I could DD all winter into ski country (aka, AWD). Really narrowed the list down.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say the S2K is really “better” than the Miata, they are both extremely fun and capable cars. The advantage is that the Miata is more affordable and parts are cheaper.

Having driven both I will say the S2K is better than the Miata. :wink:

I don’t disagree.
I miss shifting gears and enjoying driving.
(1st world problem. the last manual car I drove was GT3 and it was great :clown_face:)

I’ve never been in a miata, but I bet my post covid 300 lbs would matter.

The only s2k I was in had what I’m assuming was well over 500 hp and it basically ruined me. I’m sure there are some youtube vids where it was faster than a motorcycle are out there.

I have seen it drive by my house at least once.
Tonawanda creek rd is basically a race track it seems.

1 Like

Anyone else here a Hoovies Garage sub on YouTube? Pretty sure my next car will be the same Beck Spyder he made, but with the WRX engine instead of the base Impreza.

Haha, the S2k group usually does at least 1 or 2 drives down Tonawanda Creek each year. Sucks it’s really the only good twisty road around this area unless you drive 40 minutes away.

So… Firestone on the Blvd doesn’t know how to mount tires apparently. They put all of the tires facing the same direction when I brought them wheels. Went to mount them yesterday and put one side on, then realized the other side was facing the wrong direction. Calling them today to get them to flip 2 of the tires so I can put the remaining 2 wheels on.

Ryan and Andy at Super Tire Change Bros definitely know how to mount directional tires. Just sayin. :wink:

2 Likes

You’d think a tire shop would know how to mount directional tires. Pathetic. Only went there because the price was far cheaper than anywhere else. They will be getting a call today letting them know I want them swapped… today. lol Really don’t care how busy they are if I’m being inconvenienced for their mistake. One that should be known if this is literally your job.

Dun put a 225 on the left front and a 255 on the right and the opposite on the rear of my friends 335i. Needless to say it destroyed the transfer case and front differential. 5k+ in parts/labor.

Was it the Firestone across from Premier on Maple? If so, good luck with that balance. The guy admitted to me their machine is a piece of shit and isn’t much good past 65mph. That was at the start of this winter when I was having some vibration from my snows at 75-80mph. A roadforce balance at Dunn cleared it right up.

F**K!! That would suck. Tell me they covered the cost with their mess up? I’d be so pissed.

Niagara Falls and Sheridan. I’m kind of regretting getting their lifetime alignment as I don’t know if I have faith in their shop. Just figured a lifetime alignment on a car I have 0 thoughts of selling was a great idea.
They are going to flip the tires over when I drop them off today. The guy knew what I was talking about the moment I said it and sounded a little… embarrassed that someone did that. Just not a fan of having my wheels go through a tire machine twice before even being installed on the car for the first time. I’m sure I’ll have a scuff or two after this time. Seems like one wheel got a couple scuffs on it as if they weren’t careful with it or it was the bottom one when storing waiting for me to pick them up.

Yeah they covered the repairs.

1 Like

Try living near Niagara street, lol. AND post construction work.

1 Like

Mounted and balanced by Ryan. Took it up to 100 on the long way home through Mexico and it was as smooth as could be.

And all the “inside” sides are on the inside unlike the Firestone guys :wink:

He did joyride my car a little but I was in the passengers seat at the time and it was encouraged.