Recommended fiberglass repair shop?

So you may have seen my post about almost sinking my boat Monday night. Well, I finally tracked down the leak tonight.

The nut that holds the right trailer bunk fell off, allowing the bunk to float out of position. When I loaded the boat the bracket punched a nice little hole in the bottom of the boat. When I loaded it up Monday night the bunk happened to land perfectly on the bracket which is why I couldn’t see the hole when I inspected the hull Monday.

Tonight I put it in the water to try and track down the leak and could tell it was coming from somewhere forward of the engine, which meant it had to be the hull. Lucked out and when I loaded it tonight the bunk ended up half on the bracket as shown in the picture. Didn’t take long to find the problem once I got under it in the driveway.

Can’t imagine it will be too bad to repair, but the shop will need some way to lift the boat off the trailer to make the repair.

Dr. Gelcoat in north tonawanda/ tonawanda does really nice work

Looks thin for a chaparral. At least you def found your problem

Nice find, man. Definitely could have been a lot worse.

Yeah, could easily have put the boat on the bottom of the river with this one. I’m really surprised how slow the water was coming in Monday night at the dock.

Dropping it off at Zeons in Lockport at 11 today. I’ve had other collision work done there and Beck confirmed last night that they did fiberglass work.

Good choice. I’m sure I’ll see it on the way home then

Holy crap man good catch. Glad it didn’t sink on you!.

He’s doing some research because he didn’t see a good way to get to the other side of it and didn’t want to repair it from the outside only so it’s actually back home right now.

He has the boat now, insurance claim opened and sounds like it will be fully covered. Progressive will have their marine surveyor talk to Dr Gelcoat tomorrow.

Are these repairs expensive?

Random guess (tell me how close I am @JayS), $2.5k IF it’s easily accessible. If many hours need to be spent removing stuff from inside the boat to access it, could go up dramatically.

Initial rough estimate was 2k and involved pulling up carpet and going in through the floor to repair it from the inside.

:tup: for good insurance.

Got the marine surveyor report. $3343 to repair it.

I’m out $250. Yay Progressive.

Awesome. I went to highschool with Mike he’s done some impressive work that I’ve seen. How long are you going to be without the boat?

Fucking right on the insurance :tup:

Said repair should only take a couple days so should have her back sometime next week. :tup: