Red Rexy Wagon> Grocery Getting SHO

This happened a few months ago, during a freakishly warm winter day against taurusho’s black 91 SHO. We were all out and about. I was out rocking the WRX wagon a few weeks after I bought it still on dealers plates, and eventaully ended up next to the above stated SHO. So here we are rolling down the highway. I drop it down to 2nd, as does he. We start to slow down, until we get to about 35-40 range.

He starts the beep action, one beep. I start to open the throttle a little bit with a little brake action to keep the turbo going but not a full on brake boost. Last thing I would want to do is heat my cheapo pads up too much in the event of an emergency. Second beep, I look around make sure it’s clear nothing ahead. And behind us a bunch of others, waiting their turn to play. Here comes the third beep.

We drop the throttle, his secondaries unleash a roar through his exhaust instantly transfering torque to the front wheels. My turbo spools up quickly brings it up to full boost with minimal lag giving him maybe 1/4 car. With the boost building pushing power to all four corners my wagon starts to pull a tiny bit. Dead even now we continue our romp down the highway.

I have to shift a bit before the SHO does, causing me to drop back. But I got lucky as the other guy took awhile to shift giving me a precious second to pass the SHO. But that seconds was all I needed I proceed to wind out 3rd, hearing the turbo rip the air apart. With the SHO about 2 cars back the car starts to choke as I reach my top-end.

At this point the SHO slowly starts to make it’s move secondaries roaring in the distance, to my left as it starts to inch forward. As my engine struggles to breath through it’s tiny turbo.

Again I have to shift before the SHO due to the shorter gearing, giving him a few more feet. But again a faster shift prevented him from passing. Now approaching 110MPH now at the top of third it’s his turn to go to 4th. At this point it’s game over as it takes him awhile to get into gear allowing me two cars. We stay in it a bit, but at this point there was no need to go any faster.

But I feel like I’ve killed one of my own. So dirty.

When I get back I want a rematch :stuck_out_tongue: I might even be willing to go from a dig :open_mouth:

lol. good read! Nice run.

that was well written :tup:

unfortunetly it won’t get many views because you put a cuss word in the title (SHO), consider rewritting title with “F-body” or “EVO” for more replies :stuck_out_tongue:

gude kill Devin. :slight_smile:

Ugly Import > Ghey Domestic(Domestiport?)

And I rather like domestic V-8s. :slight_smile:

Oh snap son, it’s on like Donkey Kong!

nice story, sounds like some good runs.

You have the WRX modded at all? I say find a way to slap on that M112 after the turbo and run 80lbs of boost through that Subaru motor. :smiley:

Good Read!

Maybe 17 lbs. and a MBC will do the trick. :wink:

X…

Stock, and staying that way until I get rid of the SHO. Btw, Ron you have any old SFB’s laying around? :slight_smile:

A supercharged scooby would be fun. Mainly a 2.5rs coupe :slight_smile: