registering a motorcycle in VT

Ok so I’ve got a 2004 Honda CRF230. I want to get this street legal and my buddy said I could go to VT DMV and they’d do it for me. Anyone done this before?

I forgot to get a bill of sale for the bike, so that doesn’t exist and because it’s a dirtbike it doesn’t have an actual title. I’ve got a manufacturers cirtificate of origin though. Can I still get this thing street legal?

I dont know.

What I DO know is I have my trailer registered in VT. No questions asked, I dont even think they asked for my ID :stuck_out_tongue:

Dirtbikes don’t get titles, they get MSO’s. From the sounds of the paper work you have, you have an MSO. Post a pic of the paper work that you have if you can so someone can verify it for you if you’re uncertain.

sweet, in class now. I’ll find it when I get home and post it

also my friend said that if you register it in VT they don’t require you to have insurance. anyone know if that’s true?

you dont have to have insurance to register it but it would still be illegal to drive it on the road without it

You need a title, which dirtbikes don’t come with. At least in NY. For VT I have no idea, check their dmv website.

As a band instructor at an elementary school, I require mystudents to turn in practice sheets signed by their parents so Ican be sure they are putting in enough time. I had to laugh, however,when one parent wrote on her child’s sheet, air jordans "Practiced 17 minutes,but it seemed like hours.

How did that bot get thru the system?

fyi for anyone wanting to do this in the future, you can’t get titles for bikes under 300cc’s in VT. so yea I’m screwed, can’t get a VT title then bounce it back to NY