remember the good'ol days....

I often remember the good old days when we had 13 and 14 sec cars and we all thought they were fast.

You could literaly go out and beat on your car all night long while being safe and not breaking anything. Cars were slow and you could floor it in just about any gear and grab traction and just bang through the gears and have fun.

Now its cars trapping over 130mph going 11’s or faster. Try to have fun on the streets but it doesnt realy seem worth it anymore. Its not fun/safe getting sideways at 85-90 mph in 4th gear.

Ive been considering selling the e36 but i honestly dont think theres even a market for it. Im kinda getting bored and sorta wanna move on to other things in life but i know ill always have to be working/building something.

Part of me says to sell the car while it might be worth something and another part of me says to keep it forever and just put it aside for a while. But to be honest it would be realy nice to be able to drive a nice car daily and actualy have money in the bank. Maybe being fast just isnt important tome anymore like it used to be.:confused:

sorry for the long depressing rant.:frowning: Is it time to move on???

I like having a fun car around. Driving around beating on a car is a ton of fun. I just have found that I no longer want to do extensive modifications to my cars. Like you said, driving an 11 second car on the streets is more dangerous than what it is worth. A 13 second car is a fun car to me(as long as it handles well).

I used to think my NA 300zx was the coolest/fastest car on the earth.

Instead of modding my car, I would rather get a new car every year or two. I enjoy the change.

I think I see an Elise in my future

If you’re getting bored with it, put it aside for awhile or de-mod it a bit. You will probably regret it if you get rid of it.

I agree with you in some ways, although I’ve never had what I consider a really fast car. I mean the Lotus is a high 12 to low 13 second car. That’s fast to me. Fast enough where I really have no desire to modify it.

Overall, I mostly just miss the scene back from 2002-2003 when we had BTC and a much more humble group of guys. My '91 MR2 then was basically stock, minus wheels, but I enjoyed it on a whole nother level bec. of the people, and what we all did together. That’s what I miss most.

I like where your head’s at…

Turbociv,

Didn’t you participate and then post shortly thereafter about the track day(s) you went to, and how much fun they were? If I remember correctly, you drove an old E30.

As we age, it’s not our interest in cars that declines, it’s just how we apply that interest which will change. Maybe you are at a point in your life where you are no longer interested in dumping a shit ton of money into your car just to be the KOTS. Instead, maybe doing track days is more enjoyable for you. You can still appreciate the “shop” aspect of building a cheap track car, and there will always be friends who are building a fast drag car that you can reminisce with when those old feelings come back.

Sell the car, it was great to you, but if you’d rather have money in the bank ( who could blame you ) put it there. Maybe drop 1g to make your E30 track prepped when it needs to be, and appreciate going out once a month or every couple months to a track/lapping event.

I think that timing belt job fucked with your head

i think the biggest problem i have is i want it all. But lets be realistic here. Im not a millionare and its just not practical to have a e30 track car, e36 drag car, lifted truck with mudders. Alotta people usually try to pick one or the other and i kinda try to do it all and now i feel kinda burnt out. I do not like having to pay insurance and gas on 3 vehicles right now. I dont have the capacity or the money to do everything. I wish i did, but i dont and i think i need to start liquidating.

have you been reading my mind? i couldn’t have said it better

This is exactly why I started selling shit and bought an e39.

do what i did… sell all your cars and get a bike.

That M5 is really nice Mike. I like it a lot.

Wow!!. I thought i was the only one on here that was feeling like that. Guess not.

Hate to sound clishe but do what feels right and what your heart tells you to. Your mind will allways be a cluster fuck of confusion. As old as my bike was I didnt want to sell it simply because rebuilt it from the ground up and i could run sircles around most of the youngsters with their brand new R6’s and absolutely loved every second of it. That and it was jus tgreat to get out and disapear for a day without being bothered. But i did the right thing and sold it. Do i regret it? Ya. Would i do it again? Ya.

Just do what feels right man.

Id say just put it away for a season, bank some money, and see what happens then sir.

We all get older / bored / smarter eventually. I assume you’re like me, as far as: you’ve got some fun stories to reminisce about, but it seems that what was fun (reckless) when you were a teenager doesn’t mean it’s fun now.

Not to be that guy, but didn’t you just have a kid too?

There are more important things in life outside of having a car that is 90% nuisance / 10% fun to drive.

I’m not even that old and I have days where it’s like, why do I even want anything to do with cars anymore?

Then other days I dream about having a nice 300whp evo DD.

sell the mud truck first, then make your decission.

i know exactly what you mean… i think we’re just growing up

I also know what you mean, I’m getting sick of bikes.
But for some reason, I’m in love with your car lol

yepppp

That’s why I bought a car I can DD, yet still have a blast in.

Plan to only lightly mod it, just the usually bolt-ons to make it breath better.

I am sure I will be the typical mid-lifer and end up getting something nicer/faster when I am older