Remembering Nine Eleven

Man.

I woke up from working the third shift at Adelphia.

Came out of my room, the roommate was gone.

Turn on the TV and saw two burning towers…

within a couple minutes I saw the tower crumble…

I was in a frenzy, trying to see if my cousins and sister were ok…

It was a crazy day…

Never forget, friends and family, workers and volunteers, EVERYONE who lost their lives and EVERYONE whos lives were severely changed by these events.

:frowning:

FDNY :tup: NYPD

Fucking terrorists.

I had to write the date like 33939 times at work, and every single time it just didnt feel right…

yea indeed it was a crazy day, i remember everything from that day… rip to all who lost their lives on that tragic day and to all who gave their lives fighting thus far

I really dont want to remember it

i was in the student union, saw the first plane hit, went back to my room at the dorms saw the second hit then they came down, it sucked. i remember everyone in the student union around the tv’s in total silience.

oh and this was at UB

I opened the store I was working at at 9am…First customer came in at 9:15ish and said…did you hear a plane crashed into the WTC? I said…" How does that happen? Its not like you can’t see them." We both kinda laughed thinking it was something like a Sesna…I walk in the back room by the delivery docks to meet with my shipping coordinator and there on the TV was Tower 1 engulfed and then as we were watching the live feed of plane 2 hitting and I will never forget the commentator going…Yes we are showing the replay of the plane O M G its a 2nd plane…in fact its giving me chills right now to recount that day. Never Forget those that were lost…they were the bravest of the brave.

i cant forget sitting in social studies in high school and hearing it on the announcements, we turn the tv on to see the one tower burning watching replay and then boom second plane. erie feeling, school wasnt right that day, i was really worried bout my dad who works in the city. Lots of love to the FDNY and PDNY for all they did in reponse to this tragedy. WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER

Chilling day for myself as well. Opened the store as normal around 8:45. My friend Scott, who worked at the Galleria EB at the time called me a little after 9 saying a plane hit one of the WTC towers. Like Kyle (2TurboZ), I figured it was a Cessna or something similar. My curiosity peaked and I dug around for some of the rabbit ears that went with our display TVs. Hooked everything up and immediately, CBS came in crystal clear… just in time to see the 2nd plane hit tower 2. I seriously froze for a good 2 minutes. One of the girls that worked in the coffee shop next door came knocking at the door shortly after, and for the next hour, the few people that came into my store after that basically sat and watched as well. And when the first tower collapsed… saying that my heart sank would be an understatement…

To this day I still get heated when I think about it. And strangely enough, ever since that day, CBS never came in anywhere near as clear as it did on Sept. 11th…

EDIT: Oh yeah, and being that it was a Tuesday back in 2001, my typical thing was to go drinking at Goodbar for $.25 draft night (Kyle remembers those nights :smiley: ). No one really had the heart to go out that night.

living in phoenix at the time. was on vacation in buffalo visiting the rents when it all went down. luckily i flew with southwest and i was on one of the first planes released to fly from the airport. doods with assault weapons, canines, military you name it the airport looked like a warzone. will never forget how quiet that flight was. i felt bad for the arab family on that flight…they got stared down by everyone.

I was living in an apartment in Rhode Island while going to school. I got up and my buddy, who drinks way too much (he has serosis now) was like “holy shit dude…some asshole flew his plane into the world trade center…(laughing hysterically) what a fuckin douche…i bet he was fuckin drunk”

I, being my apathetic self, was like “whatever dude, lets go to class”…I figured it was some little piston engine plane that went off course…no big damage or anything.

Got to class and the girl I was trying to bang at the time was in tears…so of course I felt I should console her…then I saw the News on the TV in the common area…

nuff sed

A lady gave me a free 12 pack for being from ny…at first I didnt know why, she just said “this ones on us”…I figured it was because I was a regular. The I realised that she had seen my ID from NY…i felt like a douche, until I got drunk

-Cheater-

edit: I was going to say something about the thing on discover last night, but there is alread a thread about it.

For some reason I left the TV on from the night before. I woke up to see building 1 smoking… the reporter talking about the replay and then saw the 2nd plane hit. I honestly didn’t think anything of it, I didn’t realize it was actually the news… until I turned on the radio. Then it hit me on the way to school. OMG… WTF is happening. Get to school, and they have TVs all over the place and everyone is in the halls watching them. I still wasn’t sure what was going on (nobody really knew yet) so I went to class and sat there by myself. Thinking about what could be happening. THinking about being 15 minutes from Nia Falls and thats where they are attacking next. Fortunately I did not have any family/friends in NYC so that was not my primary concern at that time. Everyone I knew and cared for was safe here in WNY.

And Osama is still at large.

Was in class, teacher came in and said a plain crashed into one of the towers. We turned on the tv and watch the other plain crash. Then everyone didnt know what was going on and talking about how classes where cancelled for the rest of the day. I called my g/f to see how she was then went back to my dorm and just sat there wondering wtf is happening while watching the news.

the whole 9/11 thing seems like such a distant memory… i remember thinking that we deserved it, as a country, but not the individuals involved. i guess i still feel like that.

I was in high school and some kid came into our English class saying terrorists flew into the WTC in NYC. We all thought he was insane so we turned on the TV in the room and it was true… there was complete silence. I’ve never felt such sadness as I did that day for people I’ve never even met. September 11th will always be remembered.

you some kinda terrorist boy? Sounds like you needta cowboy up! we’ll smoke em outta their holes

-Cheater-

I was in class at UB at the time. They basically cancelled class and I went to the Student Union. It was surreal, because some people were cheering and making jokes, it was sickening. On a side note, I feel bad for my step dad because that is his birthdate.

Did the people cheering get beat up? If not the people not doing the beating up are as bad as the ones cheering.

i was in math. left to like mingle around the high school, and dan benner told me. I didn’t really know what the WTC was, and figured it was just a building and a cesna hit it. Went into the library and remembering seeing it happen…sat there and watched the second plane go into the building.

always being the bearer of bad news i went back to my math class and walked in, and silently said that two planes have dileberately hit the wtc. then my teacher asked if anyone died…i gave her the :bloated: face, and asked her if i could punch her in the face for making the most “retarded comment” i have ever heard in my life.

i got a detention for it, that i served on the 14th…a friday :tdown:

i was in chem 107 and when we got out eveyone was runngin the the SU so i followed suit…everyone jsut watch for about an hour then then they announced classes were cancelled…then i went to work and listened all day on the radio