Remember...

so i look to my phone… and look at the date

9/11

it has been 5 years already…

yeah man, its crazy. funny how i can remember exactly where i was and what i was doing on that day, yet cant remember what i did yesterday.

i was walking into a math class and my teacher had the news on. i saw the 2nd plane go into the wtc on live tv. we all just kinda sat and watched in silence…

i was in school, and the princble was just calling all the teachers to her office… no one told us what happend… no one found out till they got home from school… but my history teacher told us… i rember getting home fast to go upstaris and see what was on tv…

it was all over the news… pretty freak cuz i remeber just evreything about that day.

i was in 10th grade, 3rd period, english class with mrs rosati…watching it on tv

:word: 101D Lehman. Woke up to my roommate making talking some nonsense about a plane that hit the WTC. So then we’re watching it live, another plane hits, and my stomach drops. I think to myself “No way in hell is that a coincidence. What the fuck is going on?”

So we hang around, skip class, go down to Dewey for some brefess. So I’m sitting and eating, watching the TV’s. The towers are standing, big mess. I look down, take a bite, look up and no more tower just a big cloud of dust. “The fucking tower collapsed?!”

I don’t remember the second tower falling, the Pentagon getting hit, or the plane going down in PA quite so vividly. Spent the rest of the day glued to the TV with the headline “America Under Attack” and calling my family and girlfriend.

That was the only day in my life that I actually felt a little scared for my safety from fighting/war/foreign attack. How many other people on the planet can say that? God bless this country.

i was in 9th grade, and i came to school late. i remember i had to go to the doctors and i was waiting for my dad to finish getting his stuff for the office ready and i just happened to turn on the TV and Good Morning America was on. they were showing papers flaying in the air, then they paned back to show the towers and BOOM the second plane hit. i went to the doctors and then to school. the school was on lockdown, and i remember just watching TV in all of my classes. one of my teacheres was freaking cuz her nephew or some1 worked there but i for some reason he didnt go to work or was late for work or something like that. i remember my Earth Science teacher giving us a little speach, saying “you guys may not understand this right now, but this is the beginning of a serrious war, that will last and affect you after you get out out of high school and long into the rest of your lives…” and he was right…

wow im old …

i was returning to schmitts with a vehical we had just picked up from a customer, i think i had dropped of their vehical and picked up one of the rentals

ii was scanning the radio for something and Heard howard stern talking about “i dont know how a plane could have hit the building like that” … for a good 7 or 8 minutes while i listened i didnt hear mention of what plane hit what building, i assumed a plane crashed at / near an airport and hit a hanger or some houses

i get back to the dealership, and one of the sales men was outside having a smoke while listening to the radio in a Demo car, which i found odd … he came over and asked if i had heard the news, that a plane had hit the WTC … i walked thru the shop to see everyone just totaly in a daze and oddly silent

walked up to the customer lounge and watched the news a little bit, and was standing thre as the second plane came in … i felt the blood drain out of my body as i instantly realized that the first plane wasnt an accident, and that this was an organized attack on the US

the entire day at the shop was just horribly quite, nothing of any real substance got done, some guys just completely left early, i think i went home about 90 min early. noone in charge ever asked “where did xxxxx go” … it just didnt matter if one of the guys went home early …

i watched both the second impact, and the sendon collapse as it happened, both of which made me almost vomit … ill never forget that felling either …

Just make sure to keep that code red away from your phone… mistakes can happen… its not too late

wow. like i havent heard that a billion times b4, and seriously that is getting mad old… and lets keep the bullshit offtopic shit out of this thread…

was 9/11 before or after you blew up your car? oh wait… def before.

i was a senior in hs, and was walking to lifeskills. we watched in awe. thats all i really remember. real fucked up.

i think i left early cause i was “emotionally distrought” that day and went and took a couple rips of sally smooth. mmmmm. sally smooth.

I had this one teacher who talked about it everyday for like 3 years.Just mentioned it every day.earth science 3rd period 9th grade i was in when i seen it.

I had worked the night before til 11pm. Went to bed late. I wake up in the morning on my own all of a sudden, with a horrible feeling in my stomach that something really bad had just happened. I turn on the tv and its already on cnn. The picture gets clear just as the second plane hits. I almost literally jump out of bed, throw on my uniform, and haul ass to the armory. Confusion follows. And all I end up doing is watching the news all day at the armory with the rest of the world.

i was in my junior year at ub, walking out of a class and i was hearing things like “we are under attack”, etc. no ones cell phone would work. walked back to my apartment and my roomates were there watching it on tv. walked in just in time to see the second plane hit.

its crazy how much has happened, and how much everything has changed since then.

Was working in that day (was a Tuesday if I remember correctly). Went through my normal morning routine at the store, then had 9c1 call me from the Galleria store saying that a plane hit the WTC and I should turn a TV on. I was thinking that somethine along the lines of a single engine prop-plane had hit the building, not a 737 (or was it a 757?). So, being a video game store, we didn’t have cable and I’m digging around for some rabbit ears that came with one of our display TVs. Find a set a plug them in, turn the TV on and turned to CBS. Picture came in bright and clear with images of smoke pouring out of the one tower, and minutes later the 2nd palne hit the other tower. For the remainder of the day that I was open I had everyone else from the plaza in and out of my store to watch the broadcast, but didn’t have many customers.

The strangest thing I remember was that after that day, the reception for any TV station (CBS, NBC, Fox, etc.) never came in clearly, just CBS on that day…

Was in my fresh year of architecture at UB, listen to the radio in my studio when the report came in that a plane hit WTC. I realized immediately that something was going on that no plane accidently flys into a buidling in Manhattan. I rushed home just in time to see the second plane hit. After watching the towers disintegrate on TV I rushed back to UB to grab my GF at the time and went back to my house…she was from NYC and her mom was working in Manhattan at the time so she was freaking out trying to get a hold of her.

The thing that I remember most about that day though was the silence. Driving to/from school no one had their music going, no other things going on really. It was really odd and almost serene.

:word: It was like the whole country just got quiet. 87Fox’s post reminded me of one other thing. One of my good friends lived in Lehmann with me and was/is a reservist and had to make a phone call like every hour or something. I think he was checking to see if his unit got called active or something? :gotme:

i was in Chemistry at UB

www.micahweber.com/howardstern911.mp3 if anyone wants to listen to the whole broadcast, sometimes u need to, some people never wanna re-live it, but its interesting nonetheless

I was in my morning class at ECC north and i remember one of the guys in class got a call from his g/f telling him about a plane hijacking and we all mocked him telling him his g/f is retarded, then the prof. came in and told us all to go home.