Remote Start Season

here we are again!
Its getting cold outside, frozen windows are on the the way!

Priced from 89.99 to about 399.99
Remote start is sure to warm you up!!!

Don’t forget we also do heated seats.
Tinted windows, and much much more!
By The Way we are the areas LEADERS in Automotive Audio/Video and Navigation installations.

So Dont fuck around.
Call right away :slight_smile:

412-353-0631

thanks for all the PMs guys, I think I got back to all of you, IF I DIDNT I’m sorry, please call or send another. If I missed you It ws by accident :slight_smile:

already ahead of par for the month with these…
CRUSHING THEM!

Don’t be the only one on your block scrapeing the windows thise winter! lol

412-353-0631

Chaz can you do that new viper remote start through the iphone?
(as seen here, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Viper±+SmartStart+Module+for+Viper+Remote+Start+Systems+(Basic+Install+Included)±+Black/9516295.p?skuId=9516295&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9516295&ref=06&loc=01&id=1218117579279)

I think the better question would have been how much… you know he can!

you know it!

Got my 2nd one from FB yesterday. First one has been on other truck a few years and still works flawlessly. Thanks again Chaz!

Thank you for your 2nd purchase as always a pleasure doing business with ya :thumbsup:

Chaz,

I’ve got a Volvo XC90 with a Diesel & a manual trans. Can you put a remote starter in it?

:smiley:

I love remote start season :cool:

haha,
how you doin big guy

I’m good. I’m doing alot better than last year at this time.

Might be able to afford to do some work on my toys this winter.

You ever do a new body style Infiniti M35X with push button start?

How you been?

haven’t done a starter on one yet but I’ve had one all apart installing iPod/XM/Aux unit & subs.
very kickass car

pmed u

reply’d

:slight_smile:

How much for a 2008 silverado ext 4X4 w/ the v8 ? no bells or whistles just a remote starter

Had one put in our daughter’s car since she doesn’t get a garage spot. Her drive to school in the morning should be much nicer now without having to scrape the windows.

Couldn’t ask for a better install job. Everything’s tucked away nicely. And great customer service. Stopped back up with a problem and it was quickly diagnosed as ummmm… operator error. This is why I need to listen closely the first time that I’m told something. :smiley:

1st Jeff,
Its been a pleasure having worked with you. I appriciate the business.
2nd, It happens, its new & differant & a lot to absorb in a short period of time (yes I’m talking about remote starts…perverts…) As I tell all my customers “By this time Next week you’ll be a pro at using it”
Thanks again :slight_smile: