Remote Starter

I’m thinking about asking for one of these for a last minute christmas gift… is their any reason I should shy away from wanting one? I’m not sure if it affects the warrenty or anything. Any insight would be sweet.

i got one for my 94 s10 winter truck and have 0 regrets, i have used it almost everyday,your gas will go down a very very small amount but who cares when your ass is warm! just make sure you dont get the cheapest one aval.

some warrantys will bitch some will not…

if you come to stereo and you have a problem we can always pull it out before you bring it in… they will never know it was in there…

if you do drop by ask for me ill help you out :wink:

It’s the same gas that it would burn when you go outside and start it yourself and let it run for 10 minutes.

There is really no downside, unless you enjoyed going out in the cold every morning to warm up the car. If you want a compustart with awsome range and alarm then give mike at innovative a call.

Got my women one for x-mas

-Cheater-

It’s definately tempting… that’s for sure… lol. :tup:

PM BDR5oH he can set ya up.

the only way they usually bitch about it is if its a sloppy install, just because they can blame it. but in the end they can’t deny a car for warranty work because of a remote starter, so don’t let them give you the runaround

coooolio

my car/truck usually isn’t warm until i get to work anyways… but I bought one for Maria and her mom… both in 04 Libertys, and bot work flawlessly.

Where did you buy them?

:meh:

I’d get them from someone on this site, like BDR. He is sweet with crap like this and his shop is near you.

I got ripped off on mine, cause I listened to someone else, instead of my gut.

Whered you go?

if u dont mind me asking, how much would it be for one of these systems, as basic as posible, to be installed on my 92 jimmy??

I put it on my “Birthday List” seeing as it’s only 10 days after christmas. If anything I’ll get money towards one.

Paid 135 installed @ some place on Harlem near Clinton.

cool, thats not too bad…might get one after x-mas if im in the mood to spend some cash on myself, more importantly then the RS i want the keyless entry back, i hate unlocking doors

:word: I enjoy having power locks back… but now I even get to have it hanging from my keychain. I always hateing have to reach over and unlock the car doors every time I got in the Kia.