Rent me your car?

My car has been in a shop for 2+ months and I’m losing my mind driving my automatic piece of crap winter beater everywhere. It’s the summer season and I need 5spd badly.

I want to rent your 240 w/ stock SR minimum or equiv. power.

Just for a little while, even just a week would be good enough.

I don’t drive my own car very hard, and I’d never drive someone else’s car hard.

I’ll fix anything that I break (I’ll even sign something if you want)

And I’ll pay you up front for the rental.

Car will be driven between 30 and 40klm per day, maybe 50-60klm for a day or 2 since i’ll want to go for a cruise through milton.

you’ll get it back with a full tank of gas.

Anyone have any offers? :slight_smile: (I’m guessing no!)

this idea wont work mang,

to many legal issues, insurance etc. If you were to get into an accident, the person renting you the car would be screwed, insurance would refuse to cover it, unless of course the car is insured under a business, you could just say your an employee.

But more than likely if you got pulled over randomly you would end up in the back of a cruiser as they would assume the car is stolen.

Way to much hassle and risk for the owner and for you imo.

Hahaha, come on, he stole the car and just happens to have the keys?? Unless the car is reported stolen or there’s a screw driver in the ignition cops wont do anything.

i have my own insurance and i’ve actually talked to them about this before

if I have my own insurance and the owner of the vehicle has their own insurance and is willing to admit (after a crash) that i had permission to be driving the vehicle and it wasnt stolen we’re both fully covered.

I can also have something signed in writing from the owner of the vehicle.

You’re allowed to drive someone else’s car legally, trust me.

lol i was without a car for 2 months… and recently 3 weeks even after my car came outta shop (broken hand+sick/etc…)

I feel your pain :stuck_out_tongue:

If some1 has an extra 240 sr’ed laying around to rent you… damn they’re fucking well off.

Bing’s probablly got like half a dozen stashed somewhere :dunno:

If my car had teh SR I’d def lend it out for next to nothing

hahha how much you willing to Pay??

I got you halfway covered, you find a clean chassis and you’re set.

Benson will lend you his. He likes the beater better haha

Only cause it’s fast.

I know atleast one person with a spare SR 240. But I don’t see this deal being too cheap. For example, I pay 315/mth for insurance, thus, I would NOT rent my car out for any less than that, b/c then I would be losing money. I also probably want to make a few bucks, so prolly around 415. Now yes, I don’t have an SR (nor am I willing to rent out my car), but I’m just using this as an example, b/c many ppl pay close to what I pay in insurance.

^^ yeah good point, I didn’t really consider that.

But on the same token, I’d probably pay that.

Also, you’re getting raped on insurance for some reason. I pay $125/mo for full coverage lowest deductable

Based on your numbers I wouldn’t think twice about giving something $225… even $250… .$300… more if it’s a nice car for a month of driving

Anyway, as serious as I am this was pretty much a joke because I doubt anyone would want to do this haha.

Yeah… who the hell would pay over $300 in insurance per month for a 240??? lolerz!

John, i’d lend you my car but you can’t handle the torque of a KA. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re that serious just rent one off these for a week and get it out of your system.

http://www.gtaexotics.ca/exotic_cars.html

My brother rented me a 911 for my birthday last year (hes a good guy :)) and it was f*ing rediculous!

ps. Search around though, These guys have a good selection but I’m sure theres cheaper places to rent.

well Mark some people just like driving with insurance, ya know incase something happnes :slight_smile:

and phil remember I have a nice car to drive now not the beater.
you foget these things my SON

oh man an NSX for only $199/day

sweeeeet

thats a tad over my budget for fufilling something I don’t really need - but I’m definitely going to do this to take my girlfriend out for our next anniversary or something… this is awesome :smiley:

i love how the C5 vette is $349 and the NSX is $199 - I can’t imagine they’re valued much differently.

I guess the NSX is probably a bit less likely to crash if a noob moron is driving, ya?

Well, I’m 20 and have an at-fault, so yea… I get probed in the rear. Who are you insured with btw? The only company I’ve found to give decent rates is Bel-Air, everyone else was asking for like 5-600 a month from me.

I have an Agent w/ State Farm.

Wayne McGill in Oakville. He’s awesome because he’s a car collector himself and understand our mindset of modding, etc and he’s able to make the call if you have a tasteful vehicle whether your an idiot street racing or just an auto enthusiast.

Whenever I go to talk to him he wants to go outside and talk there so he can see the car. He loves it (apparently) but it’s also probably so he can make sure I haven’t done any retarded illegal mods that should jack the price up.

I passively consult with him too when I’m going to do anything crazy to make sure it’s insurable and not going to murder me on rates. He has a shltload of beautiful classic cars of his own, too :smiley: