Replace wheel cylinders or no?

The rear brakes in the accord are beginning to pulse a little and last time I checked the linings were pretty low. So I am going to change out the drums, shoes, and springs soon.

Should I change the wheel cylinders too? they arent leaking but the car has almost 170k on it and they very well may be original.

per each:
$23 from hondaautomotiveparts.com
$6 for kelsey-hayes, $8 doorman, and $11 raybestos from rock auto

Its a toss-up. murphys law will make alteast one leak if I dont change it, but there is nothing saying the new one wont leak. I will probably bleed them a bit anyways just to move some fresh fluid through. I presume the bleeders will open up, but if I am not changing them I will spray some pb blaster on a day or so before.

its only $22 extra, but if its not broke dont fix it? and if one does leak Ill have to buy at least one new drum and another set of shoes.

opinions?

Make sure you get a good quality one. My old celebrity had a bad wheel cylinder. It was held in by a nut. I bought a cheap one and it was held on by this shitty clip that fell off 500 miles later… That sucked.

if the wheel cylinder is a little wet. I would reuse the shoes and drum. if it blew out completely I would replace the shoes but still reuse the drum unless it warped or rotted to hell.

if it isn’t broke and you are not going to track the car I would say fuck it and not do a damn thing to it. If the car is really rusty and you don’t think the bleeders will open I would not deal with that either. not a whole lot of heat is going on back there anyway.

If you don’t mind spending the extra $ to change them you should just do it.

I don’t personally know your financial situation…but really, $20 bucks for the peace of mind that you will have no problems is a no brainer for me.

+1
chnces are the bleeders are gonna break off any way.

id leave the cylinders alone unless there’s sign of leakage

shoes in the back is more than what most people do to rear brakes