changing brakes on accord need help

i have my friend’s honda accord, i’m changing the front brakes and just realized that you need to take off the center huge nut to take the rotor off. i don’t know the size of it, it’s bigger then 32mm though. if anyone knows the size or has a wrench or socket to take it off please tell me. he needs it done by 7. thanks

no u dont there knok off rotors. theres 2 philips screws u may need ot chizzle out but a bfh will do the trick

no hes right, the nut has to come off so you dont pull the driveshaft out when you take the rotor off IIRC. once you do that you have to use a slidehammer to pull the rotor assembly off, then separate the rotor from the lug/bearing piece if your replacing the rotors.

on 90-97 you need to take off that axle nut i think it might be 36mm. On these cars if you are replacing rotors i highly highly reccomend doing wheel bearings at the same time, since everything is apart but also because ive seen them start humming after you change rotors. Its up to you, i think you can get the actual honda wheel bearing for $60 a side.

ya earlier accords are actually pressed on rotors

This was my car he was talking about, I gotta get someone to help me do it, I dont wanna screw nothing up. Thx for the info though guys

Bump…Im doing the same thing on my 91 Accord but I already got the center nut off, the rotor is disconnected from the hub but the hub itself wont budge. What the hell am I doing wrong?

You have to get a slide hammer to pull the hub and the bearing apart.

Big heavy slide hammer. and btw its a 50/50 shot that the bearing fucks up(pulls apart) and you’ll have to replace it.

Thanks for the quick replies and Im pretty sure the bearings shot. Im going to have to rent a slide hammer if auto zone has them tommorow.

You really are better off taking the knuckle off and taking it down to a shop and have it pressed on/off. I think napa on wherle will do it too. Thats pretty much the one job that i wouldnt want to do in a driveway.

Def. Ive had 3 of these cars and thats what I did. If you try and do it yourself theres like a 99% chance your gonna fuck your wheelbearings up and not get the rotors off.

bring it to me i will press them off

Got it done today. It still was a bitch even with the slide hammer to pop those hubs off and I didnt have new bearings so I just repacked them and hope they will last though im sure they took a beating but right now theres now squealing or shakeyness.
Definitely thumbs down on Hondas part to make a simple 30 min. rotor replacement into a 2-3hr. job.
Thanks again

on 98-present accords they did away with these type rotors and went back to 2 set screws afaik.

ugh i had to do this on my acura vigor. such a pita!