Replacement iPhone glass...

There’s a ton on ebay… is it all the same?

Is there a particular place I should obtain it from?

A particular type?

Thanks.

did you break yours already?

Oh yeah.

Some of my buddies have broken theirs and got the glass on ebay. Not sure which vendor though.

Is it just the glass? LCD still looks fine and all the touch screen stuff works?

The one I replaced on a 3g for a friend got his parts through a company called zeetron on Amazon.

Let me know if you want help doing it. The big thing is being REALLY careful with the LCD when removing it from the metal frame. A lot of the youtube tutorials show a really bad way of getting it out which will most likely result in a bad LCD. The trick is to use a tiny screwdriver to pull back the metal frame without applying any kind of twisting force in the LCD.

Yeah, just the glass is messed up. Still works fine.

How’d you break it?

skateboarding

Squaretrade sells a 2 yr warranty on the iPhone that covers accidentals for $99.

It’s a work phone. I’m sure there is some sort of warranty, but I’d rather just DIY it, save them the trouble.

I used to do that when the new iPhones were $200+ but the $99 warranty + 50 deductible on something that takes $30-40 at most to replace and 5 minutes is a waste of money esp since the warranty is over once you make a claim so its better to replace the glass yourself and then use the warranty if you completely break your phone (ie. jump in a pool). I got good at it after breaking my phone 6 times.

http://www.ecaseshop.com

Zeetron was amazing to deal with. Very fast, good customer service and a good product. I got glass and an LCD from them off ebay.

must be nice to be rich.

You do realize we’re talking about a $5 to $10 part and about 15-30 minutes time to replace it yourself right?

lol @ Hass

It would cost MORE for the insurance! haha

rub it in my face some more, jerk.
we don’t all have tons of $5 and $10 bills to throw around, mister I show off two cars in my sig because I’m so balla.

Lol what?!

Anyway, ordered 3 replacement screens for 42 shipped off ebay, company seemed to have a good track record. Guess we’ll see how it works out…

JayS, I may take you up on your offer at some point…

^Can I get down on this?

Let me see how it goes on my install, I’ll LYK what’s up.