Replacement keys

anyone know if a dealership can hook you up with a replacement key if you lose all of yours or if you have to have a whole new ignition installed?

i can see? for your truck?

I thought that when I worked at Enterprise and customer’s lost keys we could give the dealer a number on the ignition or maybe even the VIN and they could cut the keys according to the ignition switch that is in the car.

they cut keys by vin. so im sure you can get a set.

:cool:

Good to know, but I finally found the fucker. Fell on the floor and somehow managed to get picked up and stuck in one the rollers on my office chair.:embarassd

its nice to have an extra, just call the dealer with the vin, if it does not have a chip in the key it should only be a few $$

schweeeet!

Most any bonded locksmith can do this with the vin also.

I know only because my son locked my keyd in the van, running at the gas pump one day. Called the locksmith, gave them the vin, and they showed up about an hour later with a new door key.

you’ll need current registration and occasionally they’ll ask for a title.

i’ve seen dealerships do it for anywhere between $2.40 (Geo Metro) and $80 (Mazda RX7) for a non-electronic key.

if you only have one key, i suggest you get another. it can be a huge pain in the ass.

I totally forgot about having those documents, lol… all the parts guys know me when I call, so I never get questioned, just give em a vin…

yeah defiantly bring an owners card, etc…

If you have an original, Walmart might be able to just cut you one off your original key, saves u the headache.