Lost my only key

ok this isnt technical but I figured this was still the best section to post this…

I’ve managed to lose the one and only key to my 89. I’ve heard rumours that a lot of key’s interchange on the zenki’s, is this true? Can I take my ownership to the dealer to obtain a new key? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

hahaha pwnd

yea take ur ownership to nissan

why dont you jsut get new mast cyliners for all of ur key locks = ignition of a scrap car or soemting. im pretty sure the dealer will tell yuo to bend over and take itin.

Just take in your ownership to the dealership and they will run your VIN and get the key info. From that they can make you a new key.

look in the glove box

theres a key code there

bring that number to any locksmith and they can make you one for like 10-15 bucks based on that code.

ive done it a few times.

:picard:

That could be hard if you can’t get into the car.

It should not cost more than $10 at the dealer.
I went in to make a key for the Subaru and it cost like $5.

ahh didnt knwo he was completely locked out of it.

maybe i should read his thread.

what cal said, hit up the dealer.

Last time I called a dealer to get a key cut for my 1995 they said it was too old. G/L

try locksmiths with teh key code from the glove box.

yeah i think darian is right,

they dont keep the key code or pattern for longer than 10 years, i think you have to goto the original dealership it was sold from in 89. (if the glove box was changed and the original code isnt there)

I think you can give them a call and ask them to send it to you, just show them ownership papers etc.

They should have it on record somewhere.

Alot of nissan keys work in other vehicles. My key can start a few of my buddies cars, maybe in your friends group of people who drive 240’s you would be able to find one that works if all else fails.

Get CAA to open your car, take the lock out and take it into a locksmith and they can duplicate a key using that as well. There is alot of cheaper methods to go about this. Both i have done, and have worked excellent.

Good Luck!!

screw driver.

I work for CAA. a membership covers locksmith services as well up to 50 dollars for basic and 100 for plus memberships. If you have CAA call the ers number and we can cut a key for you as long as you are the owner, it wont cost anything =) its covered under your membership

bah! s13’s are easy to get into.

Just pull the glass enough to fit your arm in and open it up.

then do like we did with darains car, bash off the key soliniod and start it with a screw driver.

To avoid theft wire on a ca ignitor and take it with you when you park the car.

tyler if the key is locked in the car give me a call ill get it for you