Republican Primary Debates

he should run in Russia

Aw man, Bachman quit. Only one of the three stooges are left.

so with Santorum winning 3 states this week what does that do to the race?

i thought Romney had a lock, but i base that solely off media reports… as of now it’s 4 - 3 - 1 Santorum - Romeny - Gingrich

That keeps the race going. Santorum does not have the money to compete with Romney nationwide so he has to pick and choose his states. Every time someone looks competitive in a state, Romney’s Super PAC dumps millions into negative ads against them and they crash and burn, but he took these last couple too lightly. Thing is, if it stays a 3-4 man race and Ron Paul siphons off enough delegates, there’s a chance no one gets the required number of delegates. Then they go to the convention and all bets are off, they could even nominate someone not even running if they wanted to. It seems like the South really likes Gingrich, the Northeast and West like Romney, and the Midwest likes Santorum.

Since Gingrich really hates Romney, if he really wants to grind his gears he can drop out just before Super Tuesday and try to unite the far right behind Santorum. Otherwise, once April 1 rolls around, all the primaries are winner-take-all delegates. (Right now they are proportional to results)So once Romney takes the moderate vote and the two of them split the conservatives, he will coast to the nomination with victories with like 30-35% of the vote, because the other two will be stuck in the 20’s.

If you want a non-partisan site to keep track of this stuff, and the general election in the fall, in plain English, hit up http://www.electoral-vote.com/
He updates every couple days and does an excellent job.

honestly, i prefer it when you break things down like that… it’s easier on my brainy-thing

I’ve stopped paying attention until super Tuesday.

what is super tuesday?

It’s the one day where a majority of the states hold primary elections, as opposed to what we’re getting now; 1 state at a time & media hype trying to fill hours of air time based on what might be inconsequential.

Nope, Florida was winner take all this year.

so in maine for example Ron Paul took 7 delegates and Santorum took 8?

so Ronny P gets to tally up some score??

Saw Ron on Sundya Morning today… dude is the truest and raddest MF alive.

Yeah, Paul has delegates and will take them to the convention. But Maine wasn’t a primary, it was a straw poll (non-binding caucus) and while Romney might have won the vote, the delegates selected are not committed to vote for him and could vote for Paul.

In other words, a lot of:

See here, but keep in mind the numbers are not totally solid: RealClearPolitics - 2012 Republican Delegates

… And note all the states that are voting on March 6th (super Tuesday.)

That’s why they lost half their delegates, for breaking the rules on that and the date.

this could not be more poetic. Romeny family mis-spells his name on stage

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/426271_2775545263595_1106976034_2050598_1148787771_n.jpg

“Hey, that’s R money!!!”

:biglaugh:

What’s even more funny is that you think it’s real, lol.

Oh, and after yesterday Romney is going to be the nominee IMO. And I’m cool with that.

I just hope they drag this out as long as possible and keep sliming him/making him flip-flop on more stuff to appease the right only to reverse AGAIN in the general :slight_smile: Not to mention blowing through his Super PAC’s cash to run negatives against a bunch of clowns, granted I’m sure theres plenty more where that came from. If you look at the Ohio map from last night, the only places he won were places Obama is going to slaughter him in the fall. His only chance is to win over Santorum country.

This primary is the gift that keeps on giving in terms of Romney gaffes. There are not enough 6-figure incomes in this country to elect anyone, in order for a Republican to get elected he has to convince poor Jesus freaks and social conservatives that he cares about them. Bush did that with the gay marriage and social values BS. He’s making it painfully obvious that no fucks are given by him if you’re not rich, time after time.

Every political party has groups they pander to in order to get elected. Nothing new.

There is still plenty of time for Romney to improve or shoot himself in the foot. But at least he has some control over it verses Obama with unemployment, gas prices, etc.

Now that I’m confident Romney is going to be the nominee, wake me up again in August (like the rest of the country.)

Wow, I am really deflated after seeing all of the shananigans in the Republican Primary from Iowa to Miane to… :frowning:
Putin has NOTHING on the Republicans. NOTHING.
Why even have a Primary if it is going to be so fraudulant?

Rumor is your boy Paul is gonna cut a deal with Romney. :picard:

Have you ever followed a political race… ever?

There is really nothing new this time around unless you haven’t followed things this close before.

Like what? Might as well list them here so when they don’t happen we can laugh :wink:

I guess I haven’t followed with this much scrutiny.

That Romney rumor has been around for weeks but I hope it is just that. Maybe Rand for VP with Romney.(?) (Or Obamney as I like to call him. :slight_smile: )