Reputable Shop For KA-T

Not mechanically inclined nor do i have tools to boost my car, so looking for a shop to do the labour with dedication and quality, anyone know whos good with the ka-t’s ? Not looking to spend a fortune by the way.

riworx- he will try to talk u out of doing a budget ka-t tho

Dont take this the wrong way but IF your not Mechanically inclined or dont have tools - Ka-t is not for you.

Its better to get a Sr20det or Ca18det - they can be had for cheaper than a Ka-t setup these days.

To my understanding Radek (sp?) at PUR has done a number of KA-t’s. Including his own.

Pm draggone. The man with the T67 balls out S13. He’s a respected member of this forum in terms of fixing people’s cars for pretty cheap. I think he works at Kennedy and Eglinton now in Tony’s shop.

Give him a shout, you won’t be disappointed, at least for the amount you pay. If you’re going KA-T, GET A ROM TUNE MINIMUM!!! Don’t only use SAFC, for the fucking love of god! We have no timing control on our motors (emergency mode only), our knock sensor is a piece of shit, when it works! lol

If you detonate, bye bye ringlands. KA’s are beastly otherwise. I suggest you work on the car some more, wait a year, do some research at ka-t.org, buy some parts, install them yourself, get the hang of things, THEN attempt a KA-T setup, even if you’re getting someone else to do it for you.

Good luck.

Honestly, if you’re not mechanically inclined, what’s the point of undergoing a project like this?

I’m not trying to get your down or nothing, but when people ask you what you’ve got in your car, you’ll be confused and won’t know…

When a problem arises, you won’t know what’s going on, you won’t know if you’ve damaged something severely or even mildly…

I’d recommend you go start collecting some tools, and start small, like learn how to properly do an oil change, learn how to safely do the brakes on your car… You know, basic maintenance stuff…

There’s no point jumping into something this serious if you have no clue what you’re doing…

^Exactly. applauds

I’m in the same boat as you dude, I research 24/7, but research alone has NO comparison to hands on experience.

I also plan to go T28 KA once all is well. Gonna be a wicked daily driver setup. Like 200 ft. lbs. of torque at just over 2000rpm. :slight_smile:

How can he get mechanically inclined if your telling him not to turbo his ka let him do it he can learn when problems arise thats how your suppose to learn from experiences. Unless he really really really knows absolutely nothing about cars well than I dunno…

You guys are tools, Since when does one have to be mechanically inclined to have modifications done to there car. He wants to boost his car and will pay to have it done. Show some support for the local vendors who will do there job and inform him of everything involved.

^ agreed. You don’t have to be mechanically inclined to have a moded car.

Unless you guys are assuming that it’ll have problems due to the “budget KA-T”.
If he’s getting it done at a shop that’s worked on KA-Ts before the mechanic won’t do some half as setup where you have to worry all the time about something going wrong.

exactly you gotta learn some how,

were not talking about Intake / exhausts

this is going from N/A to forced induction … U have to be mechanically inclined or have a good chunk in the bank to support the vendors who will end up doing the job as good as yourself if you tried in the first place.

i can say that if you do it yourself and fuck up everything along the way lol. its the best way to do it. you will learn your car inside and out and learn how to setup the car properly. takes lots of reasearch and motivation. but if your serious about modifying cars, its def the way to go i found. so i say if you go turbo do it yourself and get someone to tune it. because you will run into problems and this way youll know where to start to fix it… my 2 cents :wink:

everyone is mechanically inclined just all depends on the effort you put into it.

^^ veryy true. Thats the best way its done. When I first bought my 240 I only knew how to do an oil change, and the brake pads and rotors. And welll since then lots of shit has broken and ive fixed it mostly on my on. Now im going to try and put an rb20 in. I say save yourself some money, and do it yourself. Im sure lots of members on this board would be willing to give you a hand or some advice.

Goodluck

He said he will pay for it, not a lot, but willing to pay. So you helped clarify my point for everyone, thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

hey guys, lol i can do oil change brakes, etc etc. generally maint. stuff, i have some knowledge and have read plenty on ka-t org and will know what is in my car since i have gathered all the aprts but im not going to buy tools and try to install and encounter 50 thousand problems becuase ive never done this kind of job rather have the ka-t mechanics do there thing and having it run nice. and yes no safc ROM TUNE IS THE ONLY WAY

what i have also if it helps,
toyota ct26 turbo
manifold adapter
megan style top mount manifold
z32 maf
custom downpipe made by whom ever
FMIC kit
walbro 255
s15, 480s injectors

lol Rom tune is not the only way… EMS :smiley:

are you planning on any type of engine build / refresh?

I’m not exactly mechanically inclined, but i like to go fast…

what i have also if it helps,
toyota ct26 turbo
manifold adapter
megan style top mount manifold
z32 maf
custom downpipe made by whom ever
FMIC kit
walbro 255
s15, 480s injectors

a good start would be to make the kit complete with wastegate, b.o.v,AEM wideband would be good for monitoring A/F, a boost gauge would be helpful, you’ll need a maf adapter to run the z32 maf,it doesnt look like you got oil lines there either. JGS makes a good kit and also nothing beats a proper tune but if your doing a budget build, ROM tune may not be right for you. Also whats your power goal? Any questions feel free to send me a pm