REST IN PEACE...: Custom Bing's Manifold - Externally Gated

hahah – MAYBE NOT

The exhaust leak is actually coming for the Tial. One of hte bolts completely rattle loose and the wastegate is just propped on the wastegate tube…

Stay tuned – there may be signs of life.

Nice, locktite that stuff up and keep us posted.

Hey man, if nothing else, you tried. I hope it holds up for you.

At least you are trying shit out, that is good to see!

Theo

Well - this stuff get’s way hot! I’ll need to do some fine tuning on some routing of vac lines and wiring cause even with my 1/2 hour run last night…stuff is getting scorched.

Anybody have any experience with heat wrap (not header wrap)…you know…the stuff that looks like tinfoil. I need to protect some stuff from radient heat?

go to performance improvements and ask for Kool Wrap, which ia basically a tin foil with ahdesive ment for refelcting heat and keeping the stuff you apply it to cool, its about 32 dollars for like 5 feet i think

Thanks buddy…

Your dad worked on nuclear reactors?

What organization was he part of? Comstock?

Well - as some of you have now seen… it’s in and I have all of the heat related “glitches” licked…

Coming up on a month of “hard” daily driving.

ps - Yesturday I was only on 11psi

that car looked and sounded just plain scary yesterday. i loved it.

then best had to be when you came back with bing in the car and hes just sitting there grinning and twitching.

:lol:

GT

^^^ Whats your definition of “hard”?

Giving it a few rips on the highway or drifting a few
corners on the street doesn’t in my mind justify hard.

Hard in my mind is a consistant 15min of ripping it on a track to
the point where your manifold and turbo are glowing orange,
your motor is overheating and your brake fluid is boiling over.

that doesnt quite mean you drive hard… it just means you have a shitty setup :-({|=

What I was getting at Jesse is a constant beating on (+10min), not 5seconds here and there.

That’s why I put hard in " ". Everybody has their own definition of hard so I’m not going to sit here and attempt to justify my “hardness” :slight_smile:

Basically, what I’M saying is that my car was designed to be a fun, reliable, street car. It does that!

haha it sure does i love that thing dude, makes me miss my caro n teh street :cry:

Man I gotta hear this thing…

I wish we installed the manifold @ the shop after it was done so I could have heard it :smiley:

what turbo are you running?

Just an s15 t28 with the flapper welded

INsane. I want one!

Brock

Awesome! Good to hear, Happy. 8)

For lots of us, the car doesnt have to stand up to 20 minutes of track driving.

A few runs up and down the local Akina is all I ask… good to hear Bings mani worked out so well!

Dan glad to see it all worked out for you…

Now get that thing on a Dyno see what she put’s down at 16psi then Take her to the track.