restaurant review: Kelsey's Milestrip and Amelia (orchard park)

Just a quick review of this piss poor restaurant. I remember them being a canadian chain, we went there in ontario a few times it was ok. So, myself and the gf decided to check out the one on milestrip since we were going to the regal to see a movie.

So we walk in, I ask what the wait is. The hostess says oh about 20 minutes. I ask her if I can leave my name. She says nah i’ll come and get you when you guys are up. We mozey up to the bar, which is packed, and decide to just wait instead of sitting at the packed bar.

So like 40 minutes later, I notice that everyone was seated, and they were seating people that came well after us. I say something to the highschool hostess. She says ‘oh what was your name again’. “You didn’t take it (you dumb c).” She responds “oh ok you guys will be next”.

So we finally get seated and get a couple drinks. I had a bottled beer, she had the strawberry dacquiri which tasted like syrup…

I order the shrimp alfredo dish, she orders the 8oz steak dish.

The waiter brings out the salads with a fork hanging off the side of the dish. We have no napkins. He apologizes and throws us a couple of bar napkins, not dinner napkins.

The house salads look like that dole blend mix that comes in the bag. Nothing extra added to it, no croutons, no tomato. Nothing. Half of the salad is brown. Shit this is a bad sign.

So then while i’m eating the salad, i’m watching the general operations of the restaurant. Nobody knows what the fuck is going on. Food is going to the wrong table “oh i didn’t order this”. Oh i didn’t want that. The waiters are a team of high school boys, teamed up with slutty high school girls. All they do is sit in the corner and giggle and chat instead of taking care of customers.

Finally the entree comes out. Her steak comes with half a scoop of mashed potatoes, and a very small portion of mixed steamed veggies. The steak is so small, and undercooked.

My pasta dish is hot, but very runny. Again a very small portion.

So I go to dig into the dish, wait we have no forks or knives. I call the waiter over “pal we need some silverware”. He says the following “uh we don’t have any knives right now, it might be a minute”. So five minutes later he brings out two forks and two butter knives with his bare hands. Not wrapped up in a napkin. And he throws them on the table saying “all set?”

Then after that he ran back to where the girls were and started telling jokes and smiling, again avoiding doing his job.

I get the bill, and notice that he charged me an extra 4 dollars on my dish with a dessert side that I never ordered, and an appatizer. Again I have to wait five minutes to find him since he’s chatting with girls. “Hey pal this bill is wrong, a shrimp dish is not 16 dollars.”

He responds “oh ok I’ll fix that” and comes back with the bill.

I include a 10 percent tip which came to 4.40. look at my credit card statement, they billed me 8.40 for the tip.

This is by far the worst restaurant i’ve been to in a long time.

Avoid…

problem #1) chain restaurant
problem #2) see #1

Well put, i’m growing very anti chain restaurant.

We only went in there because it was right near the regal and were hungry, too bad.

Yeah I will have moments of weakness (laziness) and end up at a fridays or equivalent from time to time. Always remember why I said I wouldnt be back the last time.

I would call and speak with management…the added tip is bullshit and a known restaurant scam…it happened to me at ‘O’ of all places and I tip well, 20%+ is the usual…it is such shit.

Especially since you got such crappy service/food/everything to go along with that.

fridays is one of trhe few chain restraunts i like, i always get good serves and good food at the one in OP

+1

I can deal with roadhouse and outback once in a while too

good write-up.

Kelseys used to be good about 5 years ago, now it sux

Fridays is kind of a rip off.

the only good chain restuarant left it Cheesecake factory

roadhouse is ok too,

Yeah that place is getting shittier and shittier, haven’t been there in a few years but the prices are kinda hig for the quality and portion size.

We used to eat at Kelsey’s (Clifton Hill) back in the day before gettin hammered in Canada… it was madd good then but we usually just ate fingers/wings and the such. Sux that the OP one is horrible, I’ve noticed it a few times driving by and always thought about stopping in… guess not now though.

Kelsey’s isnt bad … for a chain restaurant…i like it… service is gonna be the same as at any applebees etc…

I’ve only been to Kelsey’s in Canada. They have good burgers.

Can this be reason enough to burn it down? please?

the only chain restaurant i like in the US is chilis, the one on niag falls blvd has always been fairly good. olive garden isnt bad either.

the keg in canada is quite good for a chain.

still, local privately owned restaurants ftw.

^you really need to go to a cheesecake factory

strawberry cheesecake?..

waS the hostess a girl about 5’4 with longer brown hair? very tan…?

i dont even like cheesecake?

quick update to the thread.

My girlfriend called and spoke to the general manager. They spoke for like ten minutes, he asked a bunch of questions. She was very polite, and just explained the whole thing.

The manager says we are going to send you a certificate in the mail if you would come and try us again.

Two days later, a 25 dollar certificate comes in the mail with an apology note.

We’ll try it for lunch sometime for burgers and report back I suppose.

Oh I went today for lunch and I saw “Try our new JustinH and Girl Spit Burger.”