Restaurant Review: Sakura

3719 Union Road in Cheektowaga, across the street from andersons by the galleria mall.

This place pretty much showed up last week and haven’t gotten to check it out until now.

I have a menu if anyone wasnt to know specific prices but heres the deal. The rolls are about the same price as everywhere else, I went with 2 other people so we had a few different to sample.

Shrimp tempura - The girlfriend got this one, it was pretty big and she has had the same roll other places, said this one was the best.
Spicy tuna - Great!! i would put it on par with the best I have had.
California - Pretty good, nothing special about it or different but good, i would get it again.
Phillidelphia - It was a bit too much cream cheese for my taste, couldn’t really taste the salmon.
Red Dragon - My buddy Jeff had this one, it looked amazing, basically a shrimp tempura roll with spicy tuna.

We also had their dinner boxes, I had teriyaki chicken, very good, it comes with the seaweed salad, tofu, asian salad ( i dont know what dressing they used but that was it was pretty good) the california roll mentioned above came in the box, and a good amount of tempura shrimp and vegetables came with it also.

The dinner box was 12.95 that was a great deal for the amount of food. They also have lunch boxes which are a few bucks cheaper.

Our waitress was renee, she was really nice, and the sushi chefs were hardcore cause they looked like sato from karate kid 2, the kind of old japanese guys that you know they could fuck you up with a knife if you looked at them wrong.

If you like sushi, get out there!

Nice. I’ll have to try this place. Sushi is the shit.

ill have to check it out

I remembered this thread and went to Sakura yesterday for lunch. From the outside it doesn’t look like much, but the inside is awesome. Nice floors and quiet atmosphere. It is a small place so not a good place to bring the “loud friends.”

My brother got the master rolls and I got the black dragon. I tried his master rolls and they were awesome! Mine were good also. I would recommend this place for a nice relaxing dinner or lunch.

Everybody there was very friendly and polite also, even when my brother couldn’t figure the chop sticks out lol.

Holy crap, I work right next to the place and I haven’t been there yet…
I know where I’m goin for dinner next time I go out.
If any of you are in the Rochester area, you should check out the Tokyo. It’s just a couple hundred feet down the road from Arigato’s. Smaller, better food, and better prices.

^^I will have to check it out. I went back to sakura to sample some more of their stuff, and their specialty roll called the sakura roll is amazing, im pretty sure its a few kinds of tuna, crab and a little cream cheese with tempura on the outside. its about $12 but easily the size of 2 regular rolls.

whoa, perfect timing

have to take muh lil friendeh’ friend there :tup:

went here tonight for dinner… definatly worth checking out if you’re a sushi fan… the atmosphere inside is very relaxing as well… i loved it!! had a california roll- one of my favs, and it definatly passed my taste test…

im a fucking regular there, their foods real good andfresh. Its so nice having a good resturant around the corner. BTW they just got thier liquor license a little while ago, my suggestion is the spider roll its real good. Anyone up to get a group together an go over there?

how are prices?

Cheektowaga roll FTW

Prices are decent but you can easily spend $50 for two people.

Spicy Crab Stick roll = Bestest Roll EVAR.

Word, and the snow maki rules too. The young man roll looks good but you won’t ever catch me ordering the young man.

I went to this place about a month ago. Can’t complain, the sushi rivaled the stuff i got while I was in Japan. Go…and go now.

I went there another time and the food was excellent again. I got the Master rolls and the Sakura rolls. Even with the girl ordering an extra side salad and soup, the bill was still around 35-40 bucks with tip included. Not bad!

I’m gonna get a young man the next time I go there

Sounds tasty. :slight_smile:

I have been going to this place consistently and it’s been great. I’m kinda worried the place will close down because not many people seem to know about it. There are never many cars in the parking lot. It would suck if that place closed because there are not many places around for good sushi. Please try it out sometime.

I like sakura a lot especially the niagra roll, It is buy far the best roll there, I have know idea what the stuff on top is, but its amazing.

Although I do think that O still has the best sushi in the area, they get the rice just right

I have been there late at night and the place is almost packed, but i agree it is more often than not slow in there. The staff is usually sitting in the corner cause they have nothing to do but they really are great sushi and its right around the corner from my house.

Dinner boxes FTMFW