Retarded Emission test

They ran it in second gear both times. You can tell by the RPM. If he ran it in third then the rpm would be lower on the second test. How long was the car sitting before you went to test it… like did you run a tank of gas through it because I have seen bad gas produce results like this.

He could have leaned it by hooking the second probe into it and leaving it out on the ground. But I doubt it because the dilution is only 14.2, It would be upwards of 20 if they did.

To tell you the truth guys, this has happened to me twice before, I have had a car fail for no reason then pass 20 minutes later with nothing done to it. We couldn’t explain why it happened either time. Maybe the machine didn’t zero properly? I dunno, I wouldn’t be too concerned about it. If you really think they are up to something take your car somewhere else and get it tested and compare the numbers.

The only other thing I could think of is that they screwed up when they entered the GVWR or tightened the straps down insanely tight and added too much preload. But I doubt it.

Btw. it should be tested as a hot rod if the car came with a 2.0 and now has a 2.5. Its right in the standard operating procedures.