Failed Etest badly

I knew I would fail a regular etest, and apperently the HotRod/Kit Car etest has been nixxed by the government because it was being abused.

When I had my etest done in 2010 my numbers were (as hot rod, with new highflow cat):
@2525
HC ppm: 75 PASS
CO%: .20 PASS
No ppm: 801 PASS
RPM: 2724 VALID
Dilution 14.4 VALID

@Idle
HC ppm 93
CO%: .23
No ppm N/A
RPM 950 VALID
Dilution 13.7

This year 2012 (Brand new highflow cat, regular standards)
@2525
HC ppm: 200 FAIL
CO%: 4.93 FAIL
NO ppm: 42
RPM: N/A
Dilution: 16.8 VALID

@Idle
HC ppm: 278 FAIL
CO%: 6.60
No ppm: N/A
RPM: N/A
Dilution: 17.2 VALID

I dont get how the No ppm are that far off, both had the same parts, car runs the same, The original took place on a Dyno and I witnessed it. This one I didn’t and I assume that it was done 2 spd idle.

The car runs 14.6 a/f ratio at idle which is ideal and should not fail at that ratio.

The CO% is really throwing me off, what could cause that percent to be so high? Was it the fact they didn’t test on a dyno, or do I have a sticky injector or some shit?

Any input would be great.

Cheers

Forgot to add, its a S14 sr, stock block/head, gt28rs with intake/fmic/full 3" exhaust, 3" high flow cat, plugs and oil are okay (wouldn’t explain the numbers if they weren’t) and it was the same setup as last etest in 2010

I didn’t know you put a cat on, I passed with a test pipe 7 years ago

i just passed a hotrod etest on my car two days ago. maybe you should try another shop?

Run couple bottles of HEAT on a 1/4 tank. It should bring down your HC ppm. Also, get some new cheapo sparkplugs and gap them high .040 or something for the test.

What was the name of the shop? no one in Oakville will do it. Pm me with the shop name, could use a break!

Think spark plugs will bring the CO numbers down that much? Its got fresh, oil, gotta grab plugs tomorrow. With fresh oil im at 12.0 a/f ratio at idle. Will try it out, if I could find a shop to hotrod it I’d pass with lower CO

And drive the shit outa it and make it nice and hot before you go in.

You can’t go to another shop if you failed at one already. Your failing info is in the mto system now at that shop. If you go to a different shop now and pass. You’ll risk having the mto come take a look at your car. And at that shop.

But to pass. Just put in some one time pass shit and make sure that cat is super hot.

your HC PPM and CO% failed becuase you have unburnt fuel, try doing some plugs and check your timing. NO PPM is caused by high heat iirc.