emission test FAIL

ok guys i went for a e test today and this was my score…

ASM 2525
… limit reading result
HC ppm … 64 205 FAIL

CO % … 0.35 0.77 FAIL

NO ppm … 485 3353 FAIL

CURB IDLE

HC ppm … 200 389 FAIL

CO% … 1.00 1.20 FAIL

** 1995 ka24de 282 500 km ***
pm me if u guys no what i should do the cheapest and easiest as possible

pay for your e-test would be the cheapest way :smiley:

what type of fuel did you use? Sunoco 94?
did you run an e-test additive? sure-pass?

At that high, something is likely wrong. Suspect O2 sensor or catalytic converter. Change oil, use premium fuel and/or Sure Pass as mentioned above. Make sure car is warm and emissions centre is doing the testing properly and appear somewhat reputable.

As a side note, you really should search around the forum a bit too…

Good luck.

i used 91 oct from petro canada i changed my oil 2 weeks ago with synthetic and i did not use sure pass . .

use a full tank of 94, plus sure pass then beat on the car before you go to the test.

hot etests for the win?

Yeah, those readings are pretty far off the limits.

You are probably looking at spending the $450 to get a temporary pass, $600+ to get another KA installed, or a couple hundred to get a hot one.

Good luck.

2bills for an e-test

You need a CAT. All three readings are high. Get a cat or barrow someones. Check the rubber hose for the egr, if it’s collapsed replace it or give stright vaccume to the egr. THe EGR will only affect NOx. Get a cat and re-test.

buy yourself a new cat, replace your o2 sensor (its cheap), use sunoco 94, drive the car for a while before the test so its nice and hot and you can even back off the timing a few degrees to make it run a little hotter which will help a little bit and you should be good.

Don’t bother warming it up. There is already a warm up before the system does the test. Don’t back of timing to it will increase the nox level. Nox is created from high combustion chamber temps, you don’t need it any hotter.

hey smurf i agree with what your saying but i’ve done many etest’s on older cars like that and havent had a problem passing aslong as your cat is functioning properly!

NO is nocks, and that it most likey your cat, the co can be plugs, 02 senser.

Nocks i never heard of no nocks. NOx = oxides of nitrate. Spike Look up the purpose of the egr. If all 3 fails I’ll call a cat. This KA failed with flying colours, for all 3 emissions, on Asm and curb idle.

NOx is not measured at curb idle cause the Egr does not open at idle, or it will cause poor idle conditions, so NOx is exempt on curb idle.

anyone know where u can get a hot etest im frm milton?

i just failed my etest too, horribly and it probably needs everything

robattire

ok guys lets do a group buy on fake etest??

^LoL, best and worst idea for a group buy I’ve seen yet. Best b/c so many ppl will be up for it, worst b/c… it’s so much easier to get caught.

why not just spend a little bit of cash and get your car fixed and running properly. Not only will it pass the e-test it will run better and you may even notice some gains depending on how bad the parts are. These are easy fixes!