Rev Limiter @ 5500rpm on 1993 240sx ???? True?

i was just checking out the 1993 240sx today and i was just taking the guys car for a spin. tried to redline it but it wouldnt let me pass 5500 rpm?

is there a rev limiter on a 1993 240sx?? is there anyway to get rid of that limit?? and does anyone konw where to get this fixed?? i wanan get the car …but not sure how i can by pass this problem?

anyone on the fourm h ave the same thing? please share your experiences!

Jimmy

The 91-94 S13’s redlined at 6900rpm Chances are the car you drove is sick and should be shot to preserve the rest of the herd.

the limit is supposed to be higher, but on the upside, at leats you wont be able to beat on your engine…

i konw the redline is at 6900. but what i’m saying is that the engine will NOT pass the 5500 rpm mark… it just stops itself… like its governed…

does anyone here have a 1993 that has the same problem?

Jimmy

can anyone help me out with this problem? i really want this car but i dont want to get a LEMON! u konw?

help me out please

Jimmy

dont get the car man, last thing you need is to spend money on something that needs more money… right away. Keep searching you’ll find something better!

lol bomex… shoot it hahaha

sounds like timing is off a bit. Does it hesitatee too? My car won’t rev past 4500 when the timing was retarded by 20 deg :S

LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT - Sorry forgot about the topic. :stuck_out_tongue: I think the dealership did some shady tuning on it where it wont go past 5500 so you wont knotice the big bang when you hit 6900.

well does anyone here on the fourm have a 1993 240sx with a rev limiter on their car? and if so… whats the limit on yours???

and does the 93 use a Chain timing belt or belt itself?

Jimmy

yeah i think its totally weird how its at 5200 rpm and the redline is like 6900… its not even close to redline!

i think its a engine problem as well… so i think i’m going to back down from this deal… deal is probaly too good to be true…

1993 240sx with hicus… hmm… good body… never winter driven… with next to no rust… for 3700 cdn… i was planning to get it and change the computer or something? or doing that thingy with taking the 5th gear sensor out or something?

Jimmy

Hey jimmy… i think you went to my highschool…

There are a ton of good used 240’s out there, looks like you should pass this one up. Dont worry about changing the ECU or tranny yet… on a 10 year old car there are definatly going to be other things that will need to be addressed first before you start adding power.

I remember in my old 240sx this woudl happen when the speedo would stop working, sure enough when my speedo went off, my odo went off and my redline would be decreased greatly… could this be the problem with urs?

i think my 93 limiter is like 7200 area. i cant rember only hit it a few times by accdent, and i wasn’t looking at the limiter. but i think its around there