Review: Sylvania Silverstar Ultra

:tup:

Well worth the 50 bux for the pair

Better than the standard Silverstars…less blue…more white light

No where near HID…but for my 97 Explorer that does not deserve HID…they are a solid investment.

ricer

Fag

Hater

lol <3

Hmm. I’ve been thinking about putting one of these into my snowmobile maybe I’ll have to try it out.

Much higher K vs. the regular stars? I know the standards are 4000K,

^^ if they were a higher K wouldn’t that make the color more of a blue than white?

http://www.sylvania.com/AboutUs/Pressxpress/Pressnews/SilverStarUltra.htm

i was not happy with my silverstars… i mean dont get me wrong they were brighter than stock, but they lasted 5 or 6 months and that was it. Same thing happened to my roommates pair as well. Nice light just arnt very long lasting in my experiences.

100% agree… my piaas lasted 2 seasons on the bikes with lots of abuse and transfering from bike to bike

:tup:
2 years on mine.

i like how bright they are but i wish they lasted longer for me. mine die once ever year that time was just a few weeks ago

I got a year out of mine, that is before I crashed the car and smashed both of them. I have no reason to believe that they would not have gone much longer. I loved them. When I get enough money I’ll def buy the new ones.

Just a Suggestion, If your having problems with durration of life, you should check you connections. In the socket specifically. Also check the Lense for leakage. “A wet bulb is a sad bulb.” - how lame does that sound? lol

that would make sense…but it has to be the bulb seeing as my stock bulbs are the same ones that came with the car in 94. i just poped the stockers back in when the silverstars burned out. they are going on 13 years now. overall spending 40 bucks on them to last a year isnt practical on my college-style budget. When i’m out of school and can afford the upgrade once a year, i will prob find myself going back to them just because i did like the bulb itself, lifetime aside.

I’ve had no problems with silverstars on any of my vehicles. Usually the best upgrade money wise for a vehicle that’s not worth the HID upgrade.

One more for no silverstar issues. Had them for 3 years in my Expedition, still working great.

Of the people that had problems, do you have DRLs?

the 9007 mainly silver stars have issues with. i put regular bulbs in my cobalt 2 times( i thought there was a wiring issue). socket was fine had my voltage. no leaks in the housing and knock on wood my silverstars havent gone out once

mine are 9006’s

same