RHDJapan

Anyone ever ordered from RHDjapan.com? I ordered a few things from them on June 22, instant payment via Paypal, everything in stock. On June 24, I hadn’t received a shipping confirmation, so I emailed them about it, and was told “Most items are out within 3 to 10 business days”, and that they were waiting for the items to come from their warehouse to their office … today marks 10 days since I paid, and no email. I don’t think I’ve ever waited more than 2-3 days for an item to be shipped out, getting a little annoyed.

I emailed them about it today, just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? I know they are a reputable seller so I’m not worried about getting scammed, just a little amazed by the crazy slow service.

I ordered some shift knobs from them… It definitely takes a while, but it WILL come.

im thinking of buying some fenders off there fairly soon.

They have some awesome products and their communication is really quick… but a 3-10 day policy just to pack up and ship parts?

are they rare ass parts or what?

Nah just a Tomei shift knob, HKB boss kit + D1 steering wheel, all shown as in stock

just wait you’ll get your parts, ive ordered from them before, customs probably makes the shipping take long.

He’s saying the shit hasn’t left the warehouse yet. That’s pretty annoying but I’ve dealt with a few other places that are the same way… bikebandit.com, ronayers.com etc etc.

They are slow as hell shipping, they charge outrageous premiums and if you have a problem with an item missing parts they don’t stand behind whatever you ordered. They give you a crap line about “It’s what the manufacturer sent us”. I would NEVER do business with them again.

:fu:

Yeah, they don’t actually have a warehouse or stock ANY parts. Just a reseller who charges absurd premiums because they know most of us can’t read Japanese.

Well I think the prices I paid for the parts are actually pretty good, got hosed on the shipping though unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue:

HKB D1 Spec Deep Steering Wheel 340mm CA$ 111.95
TOMEI Duracon Shift Knob - Long Type CA$ 55.23
HKB Sports Boss Kit Steering Wheel Screws CA$ 11.78
Boss Kit Hub Adapter Nissans CA$ 38.30

and…

Shipping & Handling CA$ 63.63

lol

So I got an email from them today:

Thank you for your order and inquiry for ETA update. We have just contacted our warehouse and reconfirmed that there has been a delay and update on your item. We are terribly sorry for this delay but rest assured it is coming in and we are personally tending to this issue. The item in your order is the HKB D1 Spec Deep Steering Wheel 340mm

It is scheduled to come in to us by July/20/2010.

We thought you might like to know about the progress on your order. We are doing everything we can to get it consolidated and out to you as soon as possible.

I think I should get an upgrade to a Nardi for this crap :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn man. If it makes you feel any better, I ordered parts for my Z from PowerTrix on May 24th… and I JUST got a shipping confirmation TODAY. Granted I’m not in a hurry and the parts needed to be made (when I thought they were in-stock) but waiting for stuff definitely sucks.

^^^ you ordered from powertrix?

why?

and Jesse, can’t you get all that stuff out of the US anyways? pretty sure P2M or Jspec can do any of it or similar.

there really is no reason to buy from Japan unless it’s obsurdly obscure stuff… anything worth having has been imported and knocked off already… and no, not by me

Carbon fiber foglight ducts. The only guys that make them. Obviously if I was buying suspension parts they would have been from you :highfive:

i wasn’t going there… :wink:

my understanding is that powetrix doesnt actually ‘make’ anything… so if they have something someone else has it too… but it’s been years since i’ve seen or heard from them anyways

The HKB D1 wheel is really nice and super cheap, couldn’t find a comparable wheel anywhere, but in hindsight I maybe should have shopped around a bit more to avoid this crap :stuck_out_tongue:

Well yeah they probably have some other company mold the CF for them. I actually ordered them though CZP not PowerTrix as most Z vendors just re-sell the PowerTirx ducts. The only other place to get them is Japan.

Just sent them an email to cancel my order… a month later and nothing. No offer of free shipping, or some kind of incentive to wait. TERRIBLE customer service, stay away!